Game of Thrones

What happened is HBO Spain and HBO Sweden put it on their streaming services HBO Now and HBO Go. Luckily for HBO, Spaniards don’t seem to have capture cards (or know how to use them), with all streams being uploaded to Youtube, Twitch and Instagram (they recorded off their phone lmao). But the swedes kinda know what they’re doing, so it spread like wildfire.

Now if someone could make an edit of the obliteration scene in ep 4 where Jaime (HBO) says ‘we can hold them off’ when he sees the dothraki (Spain) and then they shit themselves when they see Drogon (i.e. Sweden) that would be hilarious.

Hilarious.

Hackers threaten to fuck over HBO with threats of releasing episodes and actor details.

HBO exec 1: "Wow hard to fuck up worse than being hacked and blackmailed"
HBO exec 2: “Hold my corona, hermano”

Streets in a new residential estate in Geelong is being named after characters from GoT, however after a complaint from a neighbouring estate in the Armstrong Creek growth area, the developer has to change the name of Lannaster Road to Precinct Road, because the planned name made reference to Cersei and Jaime Lannister, who are in a brother-sister relationship. It even makes the front page of today’s Geelong Advertiser.
NCGA_thumb
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/geelong/geelongs-new-game-of-thronesinspired-suburb-banned-from-naming-a-street-after-cersei-and-jaime-lannister/news-story/fedf49dffd7623e5eefbb43984cf45b6

1 Like

Ridiculous. There are lots of Lannisters. They object to the name of the whole family because two of them are incestuous, but I take it they are okay with the Caligula-like Joffrey shooting arrows into a defenceless, tied-up woman.

1 Like

Its probably all too close to home in Geelong :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

The producers are casting eight actors for important roles in the final season.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/game-of-thrones-is-on-the-search-to-cast-eight-new-characters/news-story/c490757caa1ed427b5cea63a244e05fe

Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont) has revealed a full cast read-through for season 8 will take place next Monday (October 9) and filming will take much longer than before.

HBO has ordered a pilot for Game of Thrones prequel, which will take place thousands of years before the current series. It will chronicle “the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour,” and look at the secrets of the history of the warring families in the fictional kingdom of Westeros.

1 Like

Keen as fuck. Needs to happen because the universe is so big. We don’t know anything about two whole continents of the map.

Prime opportunity for a Game of Thrones-style Marvel expanded universe.

The final season of Game of Thrones is set for first half of next year.

It’s about goddamn time.
(line stolen from Total Recall)

1 Like

It is still so far away. I want it now!

Not long … not long to go… I want Jon to win!

Post production and CGI effects take time.

Naomi Watts will star in the Game of Thrones prequel, which will set 8,000 years before the current series.

8,000? Prehistoric?

That’s what the article says. I think it’s just imaginative universe like Lord of the Rings.

The eighth and final season will premiere in April 2019, although no exact date has been given.

1 Like

The epic final season of Game of Thrones to premiere in April 2019

It was announced today the eighth and final season of HBO’s global television phenomenon Game of Thrones will make its triumphant return in April 2019.

The epic finale season, consisting of six episodes, will stream and screen in Australia exclusively on FOX SHOWCASE, Foxtel’s premium On Demand drama destination, express from the US in April.

Over the past seven seasons, Game of Thrones has become a cultural icon, attracting record viewers and critical acclaim worldwide. The series garnered nine wins at the 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Drama Series and the show stands as the most Emmy-winning primetime scripted series ever, with a record 47 awards.

For viewers wanting to catch up on all seven seasons of Game of Thrones , every episode is currently available to stream through Foxtel On Demand on internet-connected iQ set-top-boxes and on streaming service Foxtel Now.

1 Like