KIIS Network

Is it being sponsored? 50k is a lot of money for a competition that only goes a few days, compared to secret sound etc that runs for weeks.

If they lower the prize to 20k, they could run it few times, maybe even make it to the western suburbs

2 Likes

Wow, the second hide and seek game ended very quickly. A listener named Chris found Jase and Lauren hiding in Glow Studio at the Cotton Mills in Footscray at 7.25am today and won $50,000. I heard the find live on air.

So Jase and Lauren did make it to western suburbs.

2 Likes

They’ve been found, Cotton Mills in Footscray.

1 Like

I agree.

Hide & Seek sounds like it goes too quickly. Is this what they want?

1 Like

I thought Hide and Seek would last for more than a week this week around. Maybe Jase and Lauren gave away clues which were too obvious.

3 Likes

I suppose it is generating noise which is what ARN probably want.

Similar to K&J’s “You Get A”.

2 Likes

KIIS had posted photos and videos from this morning’s Hide and Seek discovery on Instagram.

3 Likes

Was it ever pointed out that KIIS network stations stopped taking Jase & PJ/Lauren at night?

I never remember reading that they’d been booted from re-runs.

2 Likes

I don’t think 97.3 ever took Jase & Lauren - I THINK they stopped taking the show once PJ left.

Also something I’ve noticed too. A couple of weeks ago they renamed ‘Feel Good Friday’ and the ‘Saturday Night Party Mix’ to iHeartDance. It’s a bit weird to not have it called the ‘Saturday Night Party Mix’ as that’s been at 6pm every Saturday night ever since I remember - it’d be close to if not for at least 20 years. Ah well, more KIISification…

4 Likes

Caught The Night Show with mitch tonight, he was live from aus idol backstage with the judges and talent, great energy and traditional OB style… i do wonder however - who even is watching that show let alone getting value for KIIS in doing the O B?

1 Like

Why don’t 101.1 take the 9-10am hour of K&JO if he’s so insistent. Don’t they go that long usually?

1 Like

Is it just KIIS97.3 which takes “iHeart Dance”?

And is it really dance music? Or just a “dance party”?

2 Likes
3 Likes

It was Snappy Tom’s last day as a producer on the KJ show today.

He will still be around on KIIS.

3 Likes

I’m what capacity? Just a floater?

2 Likes

So when I first heard this the other Friday night I tuned into KIIS 101.1 to find out what’s going on and see if 97.3 was taking a networked show and they also had iHeartDance but it was completely different music (the website says the show is called The KIIS Weekender but that’s obviously outdated too now).

So the show name now appears to be the same across all the KIIS stations, but KIIS 106.5/101.1 have what I assume to be their usual playlist for Friday/Saturday night and 97.3 has its usual playlist for Friday/Saturday night (which is more upbeat music than what is usually played on 97.3, but not the KIIS 106.5/101.1 playlist).

5 Likes

According to Herald Sun, Collingwood star Mason Cox will be a regular on Jase and Lauren on KIIS 101.1 every Thursday during the AFL season, starting tomorrow (March 9).

EDIT:

1 Like

So far looks like it

1 Like

Snappy Tom back on air at KIIS 1065 today as well as Kyle and Jackie O’s Panel Operator Thing.

2 Likes
1 Like