Today

Ok…and Facebook comments is a real cross section of the community :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sophie Walsh reading the news this weekend.

5 Likes

I’m sure Nine will be more interested in the ratings numbers that they can track minute to minute across the show. The average ratings for the show suggest that the chnage is popular though you never know the exact reasons. Recent weeks have seen Today close the gap on Sunrise to the smallest so far this year of around just 22,000. That includes winning last Monday.

5 Likes

Plate smashing at Moomba with a Weekend Today theme - 10 points for Clint (very enthusiastic throwing).

5 Likes

Update: this week the gap is 13,000 which is the closest Today has been to Sunrise since August last year.

7 Likes

According to The Australian’s Media Diary, Nine are expected to announce Clint Stanaway and Jayne Azzopardi as the permanent hosts of Weekend Today.

13 Likes

Why would you go with Jayne over Belinda? Belinda at least brings a bit of life and interest to the show.

3 Likes

Yeah I have to agree. I like Jayne but I also don’t get the hate for Belinda. She’s done a great job keeping the ship afloat despite being part of the ever-rotating lineup at Weekend Today.

6 Likes

If he does get the job then that is a lot of work for him. He is working basically 7 days a week currently, and adding Weekend Today means he will be doing early morning-evening shifts 5 days a week, as well as having to do 4 flights a week. Busy indeed.

1 Like

Or he just steps back from his roles in Melbourne? Pretty simple…

2 Likes

Basil Zempilas circa 2018-2019 says hi.

4 Likes

Okay to be fair. Jayne has been on the weekend team since 2016 I believe. I guess it’s time for a promotion of her in that co-host seat. For Clint, idk that could be a huge loss from KIIS in Melbourne unless he goes to the Sydney studios at KIIS and work from there.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, he didn’t present sport on Seven News Perth on Friday nights, while he also called some AFL games that were being played in Sydney that weekend as well.

A desire to spend more time with family was what prompted Zempilas to step down as Weekend Sunrise host in October 2019.

1 Like

What’s Today’s access like at The Oscars?

Today at the Oscars

3 Likes

So they’re not at the Oscars. :joy:

5 Likes

What do you prefer?
Blue or White Today logo.

IMG_9712

8 Likes

I prefer the yellow and white for Today itself.

On another note I like the yellow and blue for Today Extra itself.

3 Likes

This mornings opener:

7 Likes

Today’s third win of the year with its biggest winning margin.

4 Likes