KIIS Network

Interesting that they’ve seemingly flipped the logo to highlight KIIS, rather than 97.3, like on the 97.3 website…
imageimage

5 Likes

Well spotted!

I guess the transition is complete.

4 Likes
2 Likes

What are our thoughts? Prefer Mitch’s usual summer show Summer KIIS kicks off

1 Like

https://www.bandt.com.au/arns-mitch-churi-is-gearing-up-to-become-the-more-wholesome-sandilands/ARN's Mitch Churi Is Gearing Up To Become The More Wholesome Sandilands - B&T

2 Likes
1 Like

KIIS 97.3 7News Chritmas lights compeition has selected finalists and the public can now vote. One is seen each night on 7 News.

2 Likes

How is the Brisbane market reacting to it being KIIS’s promo and no longer 4KQ’s?

Also, is 7NEWS using their updated KIIS97.3 logo or still the old one with the smaller KIIS word?

2 Likes

My feeling is it’s much lower profile on 97.3 than it was on 4KQ

2 Likes

This, from the ARN website, shows they’ve switched the logo over to highlight KIIS, rather than 97.3, and the updated colours for MIX 102.3 in Adelaide. Let’s be honest, 96FM’s logo is bloody terrible!

Still, the only mention of MIX 106.3 in Canberra, is when you enter a postcode to “find your local station”. You really have to go searching for it.

Even when you click on the Regional section, it only shows 2CA and 2CC.

Honestly, this is f**king disgraceful of ARN!

If they’re going to treat the station with this sort of contempt (especially because they run the admin/sales side of things and have their branding on the station), they should sell it to SCA.

4 Likes

The fact as well that it now really looks out of place even more than the rest of the KIIS network, is just bad really. I know it’s been said a billion times before, but move 96 to Pure Gold, the network it deserves to be on.

10 Likes

Agreed, and may as well change Mix to KIIS with the branding like that.

5 Likes

However when you look at Christmas Lights page there is a logo where 97.3 is more prominaent compared to KIIS.

https://www.973fm.com.au/competition/2022-kiismas-lights-competition/

2 Likes

Is there any reason why the Adelaide and Perth stations haven’t adopted the KISS logo?

1 Like

You would think ARN would’ve learnt their lesson on ‘different colour branding’ back from the days when each metro Mix had their own different colour - but when it was a network brand, they would adopt the blue Sydney Mix colour.

I agree. Just make all MIX/KIIS/96FM stations the same KIIS colour.

Or even better, just break 96FM away from KIIS, align it with Pure Gold and be done with it (who cares if their logo is different to the remaining Pure Gold/Classic Hits stations.

3 Likes

Heck, I did a random mock on a 96FM on Pure Gold, and the logo would look good either with the 96FM serifs, or if it was just like the rest of the PG network!

12 Likes

Also gives a nod to this previous logo

6 Likes

What is Perth’s obsession with keeping that same italic font logo?

1 Like

It’s a heritage thing :sweat_smile:, I made both in the sense of trying out different ideas, but looking back on it, I think I prefer the sans serif logo.

4 Likes

It’s playing on their heritage branding from when 96FM first launched back in the 80’s.
This was their original logo…

So when they celebrated their 40 year anniversary, they combined their KIIS style logo…

with the original logo from the 80’s, and came up with this…

They just don’t seem to care that it looks terrible.

3 Likes