Kayo Sports

Its here!

1 Like

Wtf does Kayo mean? What stupid name. It doesn’t even imply sports.

Well this is already a flop… people are not paying $25 a month for a streaming service when Netflix and Stan are $10

2 Likes

A stylisation of KO?

And we thought 10Peach was shit

1 Like

Dyslexic Okay (OK) ?

1 Like

had a look at the website. what the hell is the difference between basic and premium? nothing is listed showing it

1 Like

$10 extra to watch on three screens rather than two.

1 Like

Nothing much your basically just paying $10 dollars more to watch 3 at once rather then the normal 2

3 Likes

I bet we should make our own thread for Kayo Sports?

You’re comparing apples and oranges - a sports package is naturally going to be more expensive due to ever-increasing rights fees.

Kayo charging $25 per month is actually decent value when you compare it to other similar OTT sports packages worldwide:

• Sportsnet Now (Canada) is $21 AUD (with NHL blackout restrictions)/$29.30 AUD (with reduced blackouts & additional matches)
  • TSN Direct (Canada) provides access to all five TSN channels (subject to NHL blackout restrictions) for $26.20 AUD per month
  • NOW TV (UK) charges $61.30 AUD per month to access all Sky Sports channels (unless a special offer applies - for example, there’s currently an offer to get four months for $36AUD)
  • FanPass (NZ) offers access to Sky Sport 1 - 4 for an outrageous $93.26 AUD per month. This pricing is seemingly designed to encourage customers to instead subscribe to the six month package which costs $52.23 AUD per month
5 Likes

I don’t really care. I just want to see it fail. Fox cannot continue to dominate sports rights and therefore I would like to see them collect less revenue to see their influence and ability to pay for rights diminish.

5 Likes

Soooooo…Kayo is Fox?

Pricing wise it’s crap. $10-20 max.

2 Likes

Some additional info on Kayo

2 Likes

This is great. So I will be able to stream cricket this summer if I get this?

And who would fill the gap in buying the rights? There is only so much that can go to FTA

1 Like

Yes, you will have full access to the Fox Cricket channel

What about sports panel shows?

Yes, they are all there.

1 Like

Interesting, seems like good value. I notice NRL, NFL, MotoGP, Super Rugby, tennis all there which is a big tick in my books. I hope (and assume) that European Super League is available - Fox League air 1-2 games a week at the moment so fingers crossed.

Well I have signed up. Just a pity the app doesn’t work on my phone.

Hmm - $25 is right on that edge for me pricing wise, not quite cheap enough to just subscribe to it and forget, instead I’ll probably be subscribing for a few months here and there and then cancelling.

I think it’s okay value for what’s there, but I’m comparing against just not watching the things they are offering, not just seeing it as a cheaper alternative to the full Foxtel Sports package.

Given their issues with customers putting Foxtel Sports subscriptions on hold during summer, perhaps they should be offering a $199 yearly plan, which would be better than someone subscribing for 7/8 months of the year.

2 Likes