Foxtel Now

For anyone that has the Foxtel Now Box, is there any functionality to pause and rewind free to air channels at all?

Nope.

1 Like

Good to see the new Sky News channels have appeared on Foxtel Now.

Anyone know why only episodes 1-4 of arrested development are on foxtel now. Where are episodes 5-8 that have already aired on comedy channel.

I asked Foxtel and this is their reply:
The On Demand rights only allow us to have four episodes up at a time On Demand. So the limited availability is as per below:
Episodes 1-4 - 30 May until 6 June
Episodes 5-8 - 7 June until 13 June

9 posts were split to a new topic: Kayo Sports

Foxtel Now on Sony Android TVs

Foxtel Now arrives on Sony BRAVIA Android TVs as the final season of Game of Thrones approaches; puts Foxtel Now in HD for clearer, sharper pictures

Foxtel today announced a new Foxtel Now Android TV app designed for Sony BRAVIA Android TVs. The new addition brings increased flexibility and accessibility for Foxtel Now subscribers and offers the easiest way to watch exclusive HBO Dramas, Foxtel Originals, live sport, new movies and more.

Holly Knill, Foxtel Group Director, IP & Content Products, said, “Sony Smart TVs have been an incredible way for subscribers to access Foxtel via our Foxtel Play app and today we’re delighted to improve on that by bringing Foxtel Now to Sony Android TVs. Today’s move offers subscribers a massive entertainment boost that brings Foxtel’s incredible sport, movies, lifestyle and drama programming to life, and, with the final season of Game of Thrones just around the corner, there couldn’t be a better time to subscribe.”

Aki Hosoda, Head of TV, Sony ANZ added, “We are delighted to be offering Foxtel Now on all Sony BRAVIA Android TVs and provide our customers with access to an even wider variety of content, including exclusive shows such as the incredibly popular Game of Thrones .”

Foxtel Now’s arrival on Sony Android TVs adds to a growing list of supported devices that include PlayStation 4, Telstra TV, PC/ Mac, select smartphones and tablets, Chromecast and via AirPlay as well as on Foxtel’s popular Foxtel Now box.

1 Like

Is it just me or is it that last night as I was watching Foxtel Now I got severe buffering on ESPN while trying to watch the NBA Finals replay. I also got buffering on Fox Cricket, Footy Play + (AFL ch7 retransmission) and the channel that had the French Open tennis. Bear in mind I have 54 Mbps fixed wireless service, and I do not have these issues with other streaming services such as Netflix, Youtube, SBS On Demand, ABC iView, 7 Plus etc. I tried re-booting my devices and router but the problem still persists? Anyone know what the problem is?

1 Like

I reckon it would be a lot of people streaming which would cause the buffer did u take down the quality sometimes that works for me but then again I always use low quality in the Kodi media centre for the app.

1 Like

I received an email from Foxtel Now offering the sports channels for a discount.

1 Like

Got that same offer as well. Unless you want to watch Eurosport and/or don’t like going between multiple streaming apps, don’t know why anyone would get the sports package through Foxtel Now when Kayo is a vastly superior product

1 Like

unless you want the entertainment, lifestyle or movie channels as well!

1 Like

From 17 September, Foxtel Now customers previously using the Foxtel Now mobile app, will be directed to download the Foxtel GO app via Apple’s App Store for iPhones and iPads or Google Play for Android smartphones and tablets.

1 Like

Foxtel Now box streams Netflix

Foxtel today announced the addition of the Netflix* app to the Foxtel Now box offering subscribers the ability to experience even more great entertainment all in one place, at the best value.

The news follows the addition of Netflix on Foxtel’s iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes earlier this year.

The Foxtel Now box is Foxtel’s easy to use ‘plug-and-play’ streaming device that provides access to Foxtel Now in HD^ along with free-to-air channels via a built-in free-to-air tuner#, with no lock-in contracts.

Netflix joins a host of apps, including YouTube; free-to-air streaming apps ABC iview, SBS On Demand, 7plus and 10 play; and subscription streaming app, Stan**; on the Foxtel Now box, providing an even richer and more exciting entertainment experience.

From today, Netflix will be available on all new Foxtel Now boxes, which will include a new remote with a dedicated Netflix button, while existing Foxtel Now boxes will begin to receive the Netflix app automatically as it rolls out progressively over the coming weeks.

With the update, customers can access Netflix’s library of original content including The Crown , Stranger Things and Ozark , alongside Foxtel’s own line up of current and upcoming hit international programming such as His Dark Materials, Catherine the Great , and Succession , as well as Foxtel originals, Wentworth, Mr Inbetween and Upright.

Alice Mascia, Foxtel’s Chief Product and Strategy Officer, said, “Since its arrival, the Foxtel Now box has become one of the most popular ways for customers to enjoy Foxtel Now and we’ve been working hard to make the experience even better with new apps and features, including other streaming apps.

“Today’s addition of the Netflix app consolidates Foxtel’s position as the ‘go-to’ aggregator for streamed content that sits alongside our own award-winning sport, drama and movies and makes a great customer experience even better.”

The Foxtel Now box also features built-in Chromecast functionality allowing viewers to ‘cast’ movies, music, video and photos from Android or iOS mobile devices, PCs or Macs straight to their television.

The Foxtel Now box is available for $99 directly from Foxtel at www.foxtelnow.com.au; via Foxtel’s eBay store or from JB Hi-Fi, Kogan, Betta Electronics Officeworks, Harvey Norman and David Jones stores nationwide.

2 Likes

Bloomberg has been added to Foxtel Now (or whatever it’s called) from today.

1 Like

Voice commands arrive for Foxtel Now via the Google Assistant

Tell Foxtel what you want to watch with Google Assistant voice commands on Foxtel Now and Foxtel GO for hands-free streaming*

Foxtel are announcing today that Foxtel Now and Foxtel GO* users can stream and control their favourite shows with just their voice, using Google Assistant enabled devices like Google Nest and Chromecast. Just start with “Hey Google”, followed by a command to stream the shows you love, adjust the volume, fast forward, rewind, and turn on captions all hands-free.

This is available for all Foxtel Now subscribers and for cable/ satellite customers using Foxtel GO and who have a multiroom or multiroom casting subscription.

In order to use voice commands for Foxtel via Google Nest devices, customers will need the Google Home app installed on their smartphone or tablet, and a Chromecast device or Foxtel Now box.

Alice Mascia, Foxtel’s Chief Product and Strategy Officer, said, “We’ve been making some great changes to Foxtel Now, including adding the Netflix** app to our Foxtel Now boxes as we continue to innovate and refine the Foxtel Now experience for our customers.

“The addition of voice commands is another helpful way for them to interact with Foxtel while making the most of today’s smart home technologies.”

Can we also have the ability to watch in portrait mode on iPads, and pop out picture in picture please? Long overdue.

1 Like

BBC World News, CNBC and Bloomberg being added on feb 1

Agree, there’s been no innovation on the player side at all since forever, and it’s really inflexible.

2 Likes

Have Foxtel unlocked the sports channels on Foxtel Now? I’ve got access to the sports channels on my account that doesnt normally have access

1 Like