Instant Hotel

I’ve noticed it too… she sounds American.

1 Like

More evidence of the Americanisation of Australia. That’s happening a lot with the younger generations who consume so much American music, television, movies, internet content.

1 Like

And because it’s, like, the coolest, like, thing, to, like, do.

One of my biggest pet peeves is the Americanisation of Australia, I don’t think people realise how much unique culture we all had and how we’ll lose it all soon.

2 Likes

Byron Shire mayor Simon Richardson says the program has no place in his region. He adds that Sam and James’ property had a history of non-compliance and disregard for the local community, and received 21 complaints over the past two years: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/channel-7-series-instant-hotel-not-welcome-in-byron-says-mayor/news-story/708f814e77589cda788c29e70d2ac263

Group 1 ended tonight with Babe and Bondi emerging victorious. I think their Bondi apartment and Brent and Leroy’s Port Douglas house are in great location but over decorated. The three other properties (Mark and Jannine in Barossa Valley, Adam and Kathy in NT and Sam and James in South Golden Beach north of Byron Bay) are better styled, but they are in isolated spots and their nightly rent is just two high - Sam and James’ accommodation costs $1500 per night?!
The rule in Babe and Bondi’s apartment that every guest must have a margarita was just weird as not everyone likes the drink, it was unfair for mother and daughter to give the other four teams seven points instead of eight simply because Mark only had a sip. Brent and Leroy giving their guests a score of 9 was equally bizarre, even though the other four teams gave the couple average marks.

I agree I found myself liking it more than I thought.

3 Likes

I’m a little confused about the format of this show (cos I missed the first few episodes). So basically all the teams were eliminated last night, except for Babe and Bondi? They announced that they were straight through to the finale and it looks like a new round of teams tonight. Are we ever going to see the other contestants again? I’m thinking maybe the finale will be the teams from the opposite group visiting the finalists hotel?

1 Like

I’m guessing, top teams from these groups go straight through to final. rest have to fix up their problems and top of them go to finals too. It’s like MKR there will be multiple rounds of couples going to different places to get an overall score.

1 Like

Yeah but there’s only 2-3 weeks left of the ratings year. I don’t think theres room for much more than the next round and final. I just found it weird how there was no explanation what happens to the other teams… if they are out or not. I assumed they were out but nobody seemed that upset or it didnt feel like it was the last time we would see them.

1 Like

Maybe they going to go into non ratings or hold it till after the break hoping the audience stays? It does seem weird but Luke said something to the effect of its not over yet for the other couples. second chance?

1 Like

What I find funny (or interesting) is these people clearly have never worked their butts off to get these properties they are renting out on Airbnb. for example tonight’s couples included. Entrepreneur besties, A photographer and a hair dealer, country siblings who wake board and “socialites”
’’

1 Like

They would not hold it off until next year but hopefully it does run a couple of weeks into December. It would be good for a change to have a network airing some new content into summer.

2 Likes

The final visit to an instant hotel is Monday 27 November. After that the finals begin.

The 4 eliminated couples make up the “jury” that stay at the sites that make the finals.

2 Likes

Thought so. They must rate the opposing groups winners hotel.

1 Like

Group 2 began with a stay at Terry and Anita’s house at Brisbane’s West End. Two things I didn’t like about the house: the $360 cleaning fee on top of $595 nightly rent (if that $360 is a bond I can accept that), and a perspex window on top of the lower level toilet, which means a person in the toilet can see others walking up and down the stairs. However it was also not acceptable for the guest teams to leave such a big mess when they checked out in the morning, did they realise they had to check out by 9am?

1 Like

The last Instant Hotel visit is Monday 27 Nov, First Final is Tuesday and Season Final is Wednesday 29 Nov

1 Like

I think in the two finals, the eliminated teams from group 2 stayed at Babe and Bondi’s apartment from group 1, and eliminated teams from group 1 stayed at the abode of top-placed group 2 team.

1 Like

Channel 7 must be kicking themselves they put this on so late in the year. It had the potential to go for months like MKR and even if you try that next year you can’t have these same teams again which are people you HATE to watch lol

1 Like

It’s all pre-recorded so it was always intended to run as it is.

I guess they’re testing it out. If it works, then next year they can do it with four rounds of teams or more.

It’s doing alright so I can imagine them going again with s few tweaks.

4 Likes

But I just wonder the amount of “characters” there are who own airbnbs that would agree to go on the show? It’s a specific market and type of person unlike amateur chefs.

2 Likes

Tonights episode was a perfect example of young people living off their parents and making money off their circumstance and privilege. So they rent out Michael’s parents mansion, What does Shay have to do with it? They are just friends not a couple so why does she deserve the spoils? That’s the problem with Airbnb. The houses arent even in tourist spots but rich people can still rent it out like a hotel.

1 Like