Instant Hotel

Also I did not like Mikey and Shay’s rule that guests had to feed the four cats, the koi fish and the two turtles during their stay. And as Juliet pointed out, the couple should have cleaned the moss off the water feature to get rid of the smell.
Terry and Anita won their group and would now face Babe and Bondi in the two-part grand final. The promo showed Brent and Leroy were part of the jury that stayed at both houses.

1 Like

Mikey and Shay just having tantrums throughout the night and talking about how rich they are and how much better they are etc… and then giving a low score because the others didn’t like the place. Have got no time for people like that but unfortunately there’s becoming more and more with the newer generations coming through.

1 Like

The jury for the grand final was made up of two eliminated teams from each group, while the grand finalist also got to judge its rival’s abode. I don’t think it is fair, it should be up to eliminated teams and Juliet to decide which team has the best accommodation.
Babe and Bondi spent quite a lot of money and effort on improving their Bondi apartment, but made a huge mistake by not removing plastic wrapping from the oven, causing it to give a stingy smell and ruining the food. It definitely marked down the team score and could be the difference between them winning and losing.

What does stingy smell like? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well the contestants all complained of burning eyes and an irritating smell.

That might have ben a stinky smell then rather than a stingy one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I find it bizarre how all the contestants from the previous rounds have just disappeared and a random selection have come back to pick the winner. Clearly some of the teams like Mikey and Shay and the gay couple only came back as they were entertaining or “villains” as I’m not confident they are the fairest people to be picking a winner. At least the judge contributes to 50% of the score.

I really hope Babe and Bondi win. I never saw the other finalists hotel episode but I found them stubborn and up themselves throughout the entire round. I think Babe and Bondi’s hotel is very nicely designed and somewhere I would stay.

I have grown to love this show, it’s been a surprise little gem for me. A short and sharp series at this time of year that doesn’t require a lot of commitment. I hope it comes back. You would think it would be pretty cheap to make.

or the paid actors?

Wouldn’t it be more reflective of the true winner if the eliminated teams form each group went and stayed at the other winners houses? Therefore giving them an overall score? We already have the blonde lady judging on changes they made they don’t need people with gripes coming back.

Is this ratings well at all? I say if they bring it back next year, workshop some of the ideas to make the series go longer and maybe have challenge elements?

There’s going to be a second season of Instant Hotel. I just saw a promo calling for applications for another season of Instant Hotel.

Renewal confirmed.

Terry and Anita are deserving winners for season 1. Apart from the annoying cleaning fee which they did not drop, the couple listened to the guests’ views and made vast improvements to the house and offered a bigger variety of activities. They also scored the only 10/10 of the entire season.

1 Like

Did you not see what I posted above?

Yes but the story provided some more information.

5 Likes

I don’t understand how the prize is all that great for the winner when they clearly have enough money for a holiday with the money they make off their properties + work. I guess the incentive for next season would be to get their property advertised on a nation wide show but it could also backfire if they want drama and bash the properties?

1 Like

Isnt that what happened this season?

I’m talking about with the knowledge now thats its rating well.

1 Like

I just saw a promo calling for applicants but it appeared to be telling people to use a New Zealand website to apply for it. Does this mean the next Instant Hotel series will be based in New Zealand and not Australia?

1 Like

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/InstantHotel

Looks like they’re after Aus and NZ contestants. Maybe a coproduction, like the last season of the Amazing Race Australia?

What ever happened to this show? I thought that it was renewed for a second season and just assumed it would be airing around this time of the year again. I enjoyed this and thought it was perfect for the tail end of the year.

1 Like

It probably would have been but Seven is saving it for next year. They announced season 2 at the 2019 Upfronts. They may be mixing up their schedule next year so shows screen in different quarters.