Hit Network

I’m referring to Tim Blackwell et al. as mentioned above… who takes the piss because he can and because it doesn’t affect him in the slightest.

Of course. But even then, on $100k (or close to) to talk 4 times an hour for half a day, I certainly wouldn’t be complaining about how many times Kesha has popped up today. Sure it may be interesting or funny, but I somehow don’t think it’s the gigantic issue that everyone here is suggesting it is. For the audience, sure it’s annoying. For an announcer - I mean, part of the gig at the moment is listening to or talking over the same 8 songs so I don’t see why they would complain.

You make it sound like daytime FM hosts are going to take strike action because Pink was played too many times between 9am and 3pm. Sure, they may take the piss but at the end of the day they’re getting paid (and handsomely) to do a job. I don’t know if you get riled up about trivial things at your workplace, but I don’t tend to.

8 songs? When did we double our quota? :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve said nothing of the sort. I’ve specifically mentioned in the past that Fitzy, Tim and Marty have often taken the piss regarding the repetitive nature of the playlist on Breakfast and Drive.

This is because these shows are mostly chat and have a limited number of songs. But then the music they play is the dozen songs on the “most played” list. The same dozen are played every single day in those timeslots, without much scope for any other music.

The thinking is that most people only listen for an hour anyway, so they may hear different songs on different days. But maybe they only listen for an hour each day because the music gives them the shits.

On air they now have the “Hits, with even more old school” positioning. Sometimes they add “all day” on the end.

I’m still hearing “Hit 107” on air all the time so I’m not sure what you’re hearing.

Weekend Breakfast with Tanya Hennessy is the best weekend breakfast show since Sophie Monk and Dave Thornton, Harley Breen is her first guest with Danny Lakey as Anchor. Listen to your local Hit Station now or stream if you are online

1 Like

By the way Adelaide’s weekend breakfast show on hit107 were able to put together a complete year

2 Likes

Sounds great, after listening again today I think Harley Breen is part of the team permanently.

Interesting fact: Listening at around midday Saturday and again at midnight this morning and heard the same songs in the same order on 2DayFM. Is this a thing on weekends?

Also interesting that I heard Tanya deliver the same talk topics and breaks on the weekend breakfast show that she did over the summer breakfast period with Gawndy.

1 Like

2Day FM do have to play some songs twice in one day but is generally better at playing a lot more variety then most stations after all they are More Music More Variety but about Tanya Hennessy, i didn’t hear the Summer Breakfast show with Gawnedy as it was only on in Regional markets so i can’t comment

I just found it quite the coincidence to hear the same 4 songs in a row. I then tuned out.

1 Like

Listening to Hit107 today found that it has been pulled into line with the new old school intros for Fox and 2DayFM , ‘Here’s another song that 107.1 made famous’, Hits with Even More Old School All Day, is a format that i think suits Adelaide and hopefully make a ratings impact after hit 107 is actually the Hit Network’s lowest rating station apart from 2Day 104.1

Queen Sesh still on from 6-8pm in all metros on the Hit App

My Hit App says 10pm - 12am on the 2Day page.

1 Like

Yes you’re right same here, fox hasn’t obviously changed theirs or we will have to wait and see tonight

Brisbane still showing 6-8pm.

Are you just as excited about the new 107.1!!!

1 Like

Except that they seem to have forgotten that for nearly all of the 80s, they were 107.5.

3 Likes

Queen Sesh was 6-8pm on Fox tonight.

Yes but 2Day were just playing More Music More Variety

Most likely brought forward to allow for Luke & Lewis in the 10pm-12am slot

1 Like