Hit Network

she does a lot of multimedia work as well and wants to continue doing that.

It appears they’ve moved The Queen Sesh to 10pm Sunday’s now. Last stop before the axe I’d imagine.

4 Likes

Is this following its move from Sunday mornings to now being Sunday 6-8pm?

Yep

Great, at best it was podcast worthy rather than a national show.

Hit Adelade are now taking a similar route to 2DAY in Sydney by introducing 80’s and more 90’s into their playlist.

So far today they’ve played Madonna’s “Material Girl” in Breakfast, and Belinda Carlisle, Roxette, Shania Twain and others across the day.

Positioning seems to have shifted to be “Even More Hits & Old School”. I heard a lot more just “107.1” mentions without the “Hit”.

3 Likes

SAFM rebrand? hah!

2 Likes

(s)HIT105 obviously do not realise that Kesha does not sing “This Is Me” in The Greatest Showman, they keep using a soundbite of the actress Kaela Settle(who performs the song in the movie) referring to performing the song in front of Hugh Jackman each time the introduce the song.

Also their daytime announcer references the repetitiveness of Zedd’s 2 most recent songs each time he introduces the song(at least once daily), oh the irony.

2 Likes

That’s funny because Tim Blackwell made a sarcastic comment about that song yesterday too. Marty said must have missed that bit and Tim quickly responded along the lines of “Don’t worry, I’m sure we’re going to play it again soon” and they all laughed hard about that. :joy:

It’s obviously becoming a big issue for all the hosts of these CHR stations. Playing the so few songs, so often, gives them less to talk about in regards to musical artists these days.

2 Likes

I’d agree, it can’t be easy for a daytime announcer to come up with much originality as they place the same thing day in day out, however they need to have some recollection of saying the same thing. Give themselves a “5 facts” about each song/artist in the playlist should it be so repetitive.

Big issue…? Why would they care…? They get paid fat salaries and get to laugh about it.

Not like they’re talking much abou the music anyway

When I listen to the radio during the day, I don’t hear any originality at all…
More like ‘hey how’s this great new one from Bruno and don’t forget to give us a call and tell us what colour shirt Bruno’s wearing in this clip and you’ll win ten THOUSAND dollars!!! Isn’t that great, caller…?’
Caller: ‘oh my god I LOVE Bruno mars’
‘Well here he is, it’s 24K Magic on CHR FM’

Rinse, repeat etc.

1 Like

Because they have to listen to the tracks (at least part of them) and its starting to drive them mad so they’re all taking the piss now.

1 Like

Just because they play a soundbite of Kaela Settle talking about performing the song in front of Hugh Jackman and then playing the Kesha (soundtrack) version doesn’t mean SCA don’t realise Kesha doesn’t perform it in the movie itself.

1 Like

Meh, if you were getting paid anywhere from $500k - over a million or more per year, I don’t think you’d really care that much about song repetition…

I sure wouldn’t

This is something I think 2Day could’ve done. Instead of completely dropping their trendy Hits & Old School positioner they could’ve simply expanded on it and truly followed through. Plus keep “hit” in their logo.

You seem think money is the solution to everything.

1 Like

except when they say here she is talking about the first time she performed it.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that annual salaries of $500k+ were reserved for the top tier breakfast & drive hosts.

A figure somewhere between $100k (maybe not even as much as that) and $250k is probably more realistic for a daytime announcer on an FM station, even in a large market like Sydney or Melbourne…

Halve that and you’re closer to the mark.

4 Likes

Greg Burns might, but not many others would be. Last I heard, SCA were paying their full time Sydney/Melbourne daytime hosts somewhere around $80k give or take. The other metros would be less than that.

4 Likes