Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

It’s written by a journo whose job is to write about TV.

1 Like

I always wonder why whenever Sunrise have the big stars in at Brekky Central, they always remove the comfortable couch and force the stars to sit on the less comfortable stools, similar to the ones the hosts sat on in their studio in Pyeongchang recently for the Winter Olympics. I don’t know why they always do this, go for the cheap option when the big name stars come in and make the studio look more empty I suppose. They did this for John Boyega yesterday & David Duchovny today and other similar stars in recent times. Anyone got any ideas?

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s what I mean but it doesn’t answer my question…

I’m not sure those big wide shots would work with the couch. It provides a bit of visual variation anyway which I quite like and the stools can’t be too bad given they spend most of the show perched on them anyway.

My personal theroy: they do it to increase the “exclusive” look - By removing all the furniture from the set (desk included) it makes it look more special maybe and puts the star in the spotlight rather than the set?

I personally agree with you though, it is strange and probably uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Eddy was back presenting entertainment today after being in Pyeongchang for Seven’s Winter Olympics coverage.

2 Likes

What exactly is “helping to host”?

2 Likes

I would’ve just said after working on the Winter Olympic coverage, helping was definitely the wrong word to use in my opinion anyway.

2 Likes

co-hosting?

3 Likes

Yes. Hosted would be fine too as she did host on her own most of the time.

Michael Usher co-hosting with Monique once again this weekend.

3 Likes

As a sidenote, apparently Sunrise/Eddy has been banned from the Oscars red carpet on Monday yet they have been saying on the show and in the promos that they will be there:

Also Freddie Highmore will be on the show live at Brekky Central next week when he is in Australia.

3 Likes

IMG_20180305_091820

1 Like

So Eddy is in Hollywood but not actually on the red carpet it appears. What’s the point of her even being over there when she’s only standing outside a building in Hollywood (edit: The Dolby Theatre) and she can’t get on the red carpet, she has to cross to some NBC reporter there?? Is she going to be allowed inside later on to file a report about the Oscars for the news but not just not live on TV on the red carpet? There has to be some point as to why she made the long trek there other than to stand outside some random building, after just being in South Korea for two to three weeks.

1 Like

Maybe it was going to cost too much to cancel flights and accommodation at the last minute? So they stuck with it.

2 Likes

She’s probably going to attend after parties and get interviews with stars, as they usually do.

3 Likes

It’s not some random building. It’s the Dolby Theatre - the venue for the Oscars for nearly 20 years.

10 Likes

Ryan Phelan presenting sport this morning.

3 Likes

Decision made.

6 Likes