Great songs heard on radio

True, but plenty of clones have at least a modicum of success (think Tori Amos v Kate Bush).

Fight For Ourselves - Spandau Ballet

Iā€™m streaming Radio 2 from Abu Dhabi right now whilst watching the cricket test on FOX Sports from that location.

I totally forgot that song ever existed.

4 Likes

That song gets an airing occasionally on the Mechie Show.

I donā€™t remember it when it was first released, having only discovered it on a Spandau Ballet compilation CD some twenty years ago. Itā€™s one my favourite tunes from them.

2 Likes

Yes Spandau Ballet had so many great songs yet most stations just play True or Gold.

1 Like

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd :+1:
Once again on Gold 104.3ā€™s ā€˜Totally 80sā€™ segment tonight, where they play some more adventurous tracks.

5 Likes

Sweet Seasons - Carole King (1972) - on MeTV FM 87.7 in Chicago. They donā€™t stream online but they list the song currently playing on their website.

1 Like

Montego Bay - Allniters

Just played on FUN Digital Sydney.

Havenā€™t heard that for a while!

Kind of takes me back to when I used to hear it on 2SM back in the early to mid 1980s (being one of their digital stations).

3 Likes

Julian Lennon - Saltwater
Just played on 3GG Gippsland.

2 Likes

Wishing Well - Terence Trent Dā€™Arby :+1:
Played on ā€˜The 80sā€™ Digital tonight!
Unfortunately it was followed by New Sensation by INXS :-1:

3 Likes

I like all of Terrence Trent Darbyā€™s hits in the late 80sšŸ‘

3 Likes

Mull of Kintyre - Paul McCartney on Cruise 1323ā€™s Living in the 70s last Sunday night. Paulā€™s biggest post-Beatles hit, but one that is rarely played anywhere these days. I was singing along to it when it played!

2 Likes

People donā€™t like new sensation?

2 Likes

I just think itā€™s overplayed on radio. I blame Target too.
There are other INXS songs I prefer.

3 Likes

I used to think it was ok but itā€™s been flogged to death now I canā€™t stand it personally

1 Like

For me, any of:
Stay Young
Just Keep Walking
Dancing On The Jetty
Bitter Tears
Shine Like It Does
This Time
Beautiful Girl
Elegantly Wasted

All great underplayed INXS songs.

5 Likes

Yep all those are better. Love This Time in particular.

1 Like

At 3:15 NZDT today (1:15 AEDT), Radio Hauraki played one of my personal favourites, My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade

In case youre wonderimg, Iā€™m in Auckland this weekend running a marathon tomorrow.

5 Likes

Reasons by John Farnham on SWR.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t heard that for a long time.

Shakedown - Bob Seger

Now Playing on the Super Radio FM Network (via GGG Gunnedah for me tonight).

Havenā€™t heard that on the radio for a long time!

5 Likes