Great songs heard on radio

Bed Of Roses - Bon Jovi

Probably their best ballad I reckon, one that I haven’t heard on commercial radio for quite a while.

Now playing on WSFM.

Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon

Also on WSFM right now

No One Is To Blame - Howard Jones

Haven’t heard this on commercial radio for ages!

Playing right now on the SCA “Classic Hits” log
(I am listening at home via 2MC FM’s online stream… getting in one of my last opportunities to hear the heritage callsigns!!).

1 Like

Satisfied - Richard Marx

On 2GO right now…

Haven’t heard that for ages!

2 Likes

Not a commercial broadcaster, but Gosford’s Coast FM 96.3 is now playing Angry Anderson’s “Suddenly”.

Great song, one I haven’t heard on any station since well, probably 1987.

it surprises me that Smooth FM doesn’t seem to play this song, I thought this song would be a great fit for them.

1 Like

Suddenly is a regular in the 4KQ 1000 song countdown that they run at Easter, based on the Brisbane Charts 60-80s.

2 Likes

I hear this often on Smooth

The Last Resort - Eagles. Last night on 4KQ

1 Like

Always The Last To Know- DEL AMITRI (1053 Gnu FM).

2 Likes

Dare - The Pointer Sisters just played on Gold 104;s Totally 80s - a song of theirs that isn’t I’m So Excited or Slow Hand! Haven’t heard that one on radio since 1985! Although it was sampled by Junior Jack on his “Stupidisco” in 2004 (this version I remember hearing it on Nova back in the day).

2 Likes

That’s a good song by Pointer sisters. I don’t recall it being played much on the air even when first released.

1 Like

And it was only a minor hit here as well…

It only just made the Top 10 here in Oz (according to Wikipedia).

(and I think the song is called “Dare Me”).

2 Likes

You’re A God- VERTICAL HORIZON (Eagle FM).

2 Likes

Ordinary World - Duran Duran

Part of the Unflogged 90s on the Triple M regional network this weekend (for me via 2GO).

2 Likes

For America / Jackson Browne this morning on 4KQ. An absolute gem of a song for me. It’s songs like that that 4KQ throw in from time to time that really set them apart.

indeed it did, reached #10 in Australia October 1985. #11 on the US Billboard charts. It was also #1 on the US Billboard Dance/Disco chart September 1985.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Hey You, Rebel FM just now. Might have woke the neighbours with it cranking too - brilliant song

5 Likes

The Pointer Sisters had a bit of a run in the mid-80s. I remember they were one of the first CDs I ever bought in '86.

1 Like

One from the early 00s I haven’t heard on the radio for a while

I’m Like A Bird - Nelly Furtado

Playing right now on Star104.5

Ooo have to say I wish that one would stay lost…forever :slight_smile:

4 Likes