Great songs heard on radio

Followed by Forever Autumn - Justin Hayward/War Of The Worlds

2 Likes

I agree ,any old daggy late 80s pop hits ,Rick Astley,Bananarana,Kylie,Mel and Kim and the like I will always will associate with Stereo 10 , where I would have heard them back then ,sadly they donā€™t exist any more. I doubt FM 104(now Triple M )would have played anything like this

2 Likes

Great track with a superb introā€¦ I remember the first time I heard itā€¦

On the Mark Gillard show - Rock of the 80s 2SM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dance Away- BRYAN FERRY& ROXY MUSIC (Coast NZ).

@Karen_Cee
Yes same here, the early- to mid-80s pop hits always remind me of Stereo 10.
FM104 didnā€™t play too many of those although there were a few exceptions - they did play Current Stand/Kids in the Kitchen and somewhat surprisingly Too Shy / Kajagoogoo.
Iā€™ve been going through some of the old FM104 air checks on a site called The Radio Antenna which has a lot of snippets of announcers mainly from the 80s. It basically transports me back to my youth when I was obsessed with FM104 :slight_smile:

http://www.theradioantenna.com/?cat=15

1 Like

Carnival / Natalie Merchant heard this afternoon on Easy DAB. Havenā€™t heard this song on the radio for so long (must have been B105). Not my usual type of song but thereā€™s something about it for me.

Easy has replaced Smooth at our work. Itā€™s a little more up-tempo and spot on for all of us.

2 Likes

It was hard not to be obsessed with FM104ā€¦ they were everywhereā€¦ had their own store (in Edward Street if I remember rightly) and a travel agent (FM Travel) and a cafe (at the bottom of the Myer Centre)ā€¦

The even had studios at Expo 88ā€¦

Speaking of whichā€¦ I remember hearing this song on FM104 in 1988ā€¦

and havenā€™t heard it on any radio station sinceā€¦

Tell It To My Heart by Taylor Dane on River 949 just now

4 Likes

Living Next Door to Alice, Smokie, twice in 90 minutes today - first on OMG! then on Easy.

3 Likes

One Headlight - The Wallflowers

Playing right now on WAVE FM

A great late 90s rock song I havenā€™t heard for a while.

3 Likes

Drivers Seat - Sniff 'n the Tears

On Triple M! :flushed:

2 Likes

Black Stick - The Cruel Sea

Also on Triple M (Sydney) just then.

Nice. Iā€™m guessing that was on ā€œRage Against The Ninetiesā€, about the only thing thatā€™s half decent on the Mā€™s.

Probablyā€¦ it was around 10pm last night,

Another forgotten gem from Triple Mā€™s ā€œRage Against The Ninetiesā€ tonight

Follow You Down - Gin Blossoms

Havenā€™t heard that on commercial radio for a while.

1 Like

played on the regional Triple Mā€™s often.

One I havenā€™t heard on commercial radio for a while:

Steam - Peter Gabriel

On ā€œThe Greatest Years In Musicā€ (for me via 2GO)

I heard Steam on DAB just this week. Hadnā€™t heard it for years - great song. It was either on OMG or The 90s I think.

1 Like

Another one on GYIM right now

Man Of Colours - Icehouse

Nice change from hearing ā€œGreat Southern Landā€ or ā€œElectric Blueā€ for the 1000th time.

4 Likes