Great songs heard on radio

Oh dear, @tamago_otoko will cry when he sees this!

1 Like

Why is that?

Let’s just say he prefers “Turdfarto” over “Furtado”. I agree with him- can’t stand that song, sorry.

2 Likes

“I’m like a bird, I’ll only fly away”

Promises. Promises.

1 Like

The Nightowls by LRB gets heavy rotation on OMG.

House of Love by East 17 on 2DayFM this afternoon.

I know many people would hate it but it is one of my WOW songs.

2 Likes

Haha, hit the nail on the head my friend. Wrong thread for that one I’m afraid

Meanwhile, Rebel this morning played Australian Crawl - White Limbo. Very much a lesser played crawl track, can’t recall ever really hearing that on commercial radio in recent memory

1 Like

Another early 00s pop tune

Don’t You Worry - Madasun

Playing right now on SEA FM “Hit101.3” Central Coast.

Haven’t heard that for a while!

1 Like

I almost forgot that song existed, it was a decent track back in 2000, peaked at Number 6 in the ARIA Charts.

1 Like

2DayFM at 5.30pm today - Madison Avenue’s “Who The Hell Are You?”

I almost thought I was at the Intersection Tavern in Ramsgate dancing on the moving (bouncing) dance floor.

Radio does it well when it surprises you. I have over 3000 songs on my iPhone. Why do I need to listen to FM radio? For new music (how good is that “sexual” song?) and for the hottest hits that I had forgotten were written. What a jolt to the memory Madison Avenue was today.

2 Likes

Maybe you should listen to their cover of Reminiscing, then.

The Hit! network are doing 90s weekends as well, which are a nice shot of nostalgia for me, as the 90s were the only time I listened to 2DAY FM with any regularity.

1 Like

“Don’t Call Me Baby” is another underplayed song of theirs that deserves more airplay.

2 Likes

Ouch I don’t agree with that one personally :slight_smile: Station changer for me.

Its a lot better than some of the tripe that came out of the 00s

2 Likes

Isn’t that their most popular song?

Possibly, but I think it’s been a while since I’ve heard any Madison Avenue song on the radio.

1 Like

Autobahn by Kraftwerk on 4KQ’s sizzling Seventies another popular song im Deutch

2 Likes

Serious!?!?!? Wowie 4KQ must have run out of songs to play haha

1 Like

Lay Your Hands on Me / Thompson Twins this morning on Stereo 10… oh I mean 4TAB-TWO :slight_smile:
They definitely played that in the day.

1 Like

I Kissed A Girl - Jill Sobule

On Triple Ms “Rage Against The 90s”.