Did They Really Just Play That?

I remember You’ll Never Be an Old Man River being played on NYE on MMM a couple of years ago, fairly close to the midnight countdown too!

1 Like

Time Bandits - Endless road - FM104.5 Triple M Cold 30 - just now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars

Just played on “Pure Gold” WSFM.

The song is only 6 years old!
Pure Gold?
I don’t think so.

1 Like

Must be another example of WS reacting to Smooth’s success in Sydney, along with Adele’s “Someone Like You” that @nickatnights mentioned in the “Pure Gold Network” thread last week.

Looking at the online playlists, Gold 104.3 doesn’t play anything by the likes of Bruno Mars or Adele.

1 Like

I wish a radio station would play this… unashamedly the best comeback song of all time…

5 Likes

I heard it a few weeks ago
As posted here

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/great-songs-heard-on-radio/267/523?u=radiohead

Great song still!

3 Likes

Yeah, I occasionally hear it around the traps. I like it better than most of the 80s stuff actually. The 90s Digital gives it a fair run, as do some of the regionals.

2 Likes

Crazy Town - Butterfly this morning on Melbourne’s Hits & Old School Best Rock(?), 105.1 Triple M

1979- THE SMASHING PUMPKINS (Radio National, Sunday morning).

3 Likes

Good song. They play Ordinary World/Duran Duran on Breeze occasionally. I heard it a LOT on the radio in the US when on holidays there last year. I also like Come Undone from that comeback album as well I think.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s up there with hearing “Uptown Funk” on ABC Classic FM.

Though there was a time in the early 90s when Radio Narional used to play some popular music overnight.

new ed sheeran song triple m wtf

1 Like

Yeah, I heard that too.
They played “Photograph” this morning I think.

We are struggling for new rock, so I guess Triple M had had to bend the “rock” definition a bit to freshen the playlist.

Surprised they don’t move to an Absolute/Radio X style format - ‘rock and guitar-based music’, I believe the phrase is.

2 Likes

I agree, anything with guitars and a real drummer constitutes a “rock” song.

1 Like

Agree, I love the Absolute Radio format in the UK in particular. But then they also run a Classic Rock stream on DAB which keeps everyone happy. Although of cause Triple M is too pig-headed to do that here.

1 Like

I don’t think Absolute are too keen on us wild colonial boys listening. This link works, however.

1 Like

I’ve got the Absolute app no problems?

Radioplayer works well on PCs, you may need to input a UK postcode though (I go for W12 7SL, it’s easy to remember)

1 Like

Give it away now, by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers on ABC Local Radio NSW, before 12pm.
How many 50-60 year old listeners have thought WTF when hearing this!!!

BTW I heard Triple M play cocoon by Milky chance today. Is the playlist changing to match the regional Triple M’s???