Gogglebox Australia

Who cares if she moved into a new home. Adam and Symon went through 3

1 Like

Actually, I’m pretty sure Densten & Lovett went through (at least) four during their time on the show!

1 Like

i dont think anyone really cares that much. Just having a discussion on a discussion board. :man_shrugging:

I just thought they moved the TV into the kitchen for easier access to the fridge.

1 Like

English isn’t a very precise language

"moved into her newly renovated house " could mean that the renovation is new on her existing house (and she moved out while the renovations were undertaken) just as easily as that it is a new (different) house that has been renovated.

The voice over on the show said “she’s moved back into her newly renovated home”.

2 Likes

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2020/3/6/exclusive-goggleboxs-dirty-little-secret-revealed

…the power of Gogglebox as a promotion tool has not been lost by its rivals at Nine and Seven.
It turns out both networks supply episodes and new shows ahead of transmission to be critiqued by the Gogglebox ‘experts’.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m really surprised to hear that Seven and Nine (possibly the ABC & SBS as well, I certainly wouldn’t doubt that Ten & Foxtel are providing advanced copies of shows to Gogglebox!) are aware of the power a Gogglebox review can have and are agreeing to provide them with advanced copies of programs, given that scheduling would be very tight if they had to wait for shows to air.

Probably a far bigger revelation would be discovering the media histories of current/former Goggleboxers - I’ve often wondered whether Angie (Nova publicist) & Yvie (Seven Melbourne publicist), The Jacksons (Nine News’ 2012 NSW Budget report family) and possibly Adam & Symon (I’m pretty sure one of them once made a reference to being a Hot Seat contestant during a review) were the only ones…

This show is so much better when they review a variety of programming. A Netflix title was even reviewed this week and I didn’t mind that it was a dating show. Just happy it wasn’t MAFS again.

4 Likes

I know it hasn’t been uncommon for Gogglebox to review something that aired a couple of weeks beforehand, but something which first aired a whopping 114 days ago?!

I thought it was strange when they reviewed Love on the Spectrum. They could have reviewed an episode of Stateless instead (maybe it will be on next week’s Gogglebox).

Looks like product placement is creeping into the show with one of the Goggleboxers clearly eating a tub of the sponsor’s ice cream.

1 Like

Especially in Week 3.

If for whatever reason Gogglebox really wanted to review Love On The Spectrum, you’d think we would’ve seen the segment during the first episode of the season?

More like a return of product placement (especially since Bulla has been a sponsor of Gogglebox in the past), but…

1 Like

Returns? Have you seen them eating it in the show before? Or any other obvious product placement like that?

From 2017, mentioning product placement from KFC & Bulla:

1 Like

Some things are just unfakeable! :yum:

Like the spelling of unfakeable? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Emmie is not sitting alongside Kerry and Isabelle in this week’s episode.

2 Likes

Mick and Di are self isolating and will not be seen on Gogglebox until the crisis is over. Poor Mick.

Jad is appearing via video link. They have a laptop set up on his usual chair. Bane hasn’t tried to hump it… yet.

8 Likes

With only a couple of episodes to go, Mick and Di won’t be seen again until next season.
I think Jad has to appear via video link to comply with NSW stage 3 restrictions.

2 Likes

They don’t live together?