Gogglebox Australia

Agree.

A lot of speculation for this special before it was even officially announced.

1 Like

If Celebrity Gogglebox is only going to be a one-off special rather than a full series, then it’s probably for the best.

Hard to see Foxtel/Ten personalities + other C/D grade stars (let’s be honest, this is the calibre of “celebrity” we can expect) reviewing TV being a concept which can sustain itself for a full 10 or so episode series.

See the media release above

I would’ve liked to have seen maybe 3-4 episodes. The UK Celebrity version is actually really good and they pulled some pretty big names too. The episodes that I saw had people like Jessie J, Little Mix and Kelly Osbourne. It is not like other celebrity shows where they are put into a game or into forced environment. I find it very interesting seeing known names in their homes, on their couches and commenting on the same sorts of things that we are watching.

1 Like

Ed Kavalee revealed during tonight’s Have You Been Paying Attention? that he was asked by Gogglebox producers if he was interested in appearing in the celebrity special next year. He declined the offer.

1 Like

In a rare move, Gogglebox will for the first time screen on Wednesday night next week just minutes after finishing on Lifestyle so 10 can air the Socceroos on the main channel on Thursday night.

1 Like

It’s as if the networks are sabotaging local drama so they have an excuse not to produce it. First they delay Lie With Me and now they can’t air it in a consistent time slot. It’s four episodes long FFS. It can’t be that hard to leave a show in one slot for four weeks.

2 Likes

They probably should have left it until HYBPA?, Cheap Seats and Gogglebox ends soon and did the same as the Uk and aired it as a multi night drama Mon-Thur.

2 Likes

They’re probably thinking Lie with Me will pick up viewers on 10play and not worrying about linear.

You’d hope it’ll go to Paramount+ too to capitalize on their investment in the series and pick up extra viewers there.

It was a great episode last night! Adam and Symon do take up a lot of it though so we’ll see if they will be back next year

2 Likes

Oh I forgot to add. It was weird how they basically did a full promo for The Block finale when its competing with their own show Masterchef. 10 could have easily cut that last bit.

Don’t forget rich and poor peoples Gogglebox is on the same night tonight! and its the finale!

I get BINGE for free… what does that make me? :thinking:

Depends what you have to do to get it for free. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Last night’s season finale was great. It was nice to see Keith proposing again to Lee to celebrate their upcoming 36th wedding anniversary.

4 Likes
1 Like

Is there any way to watch the last episode. Does Binge have last weeks episode of Gogglebox… i fell asleep on Saturday night in front of the tv whilst i had it playing .

Binge has every season.

1 Like

Even the last episode? S14 ep10 i think.