Network Ten and Paramount+ Football coverage

4 Likes

As mentioned in the press release above - this is the first game on Australian soil in over two years for the Socceroos.

The pre-match show is now live on 10. The hosts are live from the ground (Parramatta Stadium). They also mentioned that 10 and Paramount+ are home of the A-League. Nice cross promotion. I think that more cross promotion is to come in tonights coverage.

2 Likes

Not 10s fault but the AFC’s graphics package is hideous for this qualifying series.

4 Likes

Live on P+ for the first time!

Just a rotation of 10 promos during 10’s ad breaks on the website stream.
Fetch TV stream has a placeholder that says “commercial break in progress”.

3 Likes

The quality of streaming on 10 play is terrible, this definitely needs some improvement!

1 Like

Nice of Tara (no doubt directed) to acknowledge Gogglebox viewers and encouraging them to catch up on 10 play.

1 Like

The other soccer game, Korea Republic v UAE is now streaming exclusively live on 10play.

Surprised they don’t bother to watermark the feed, they didn’t have one on P+ tonight either.

1 Like
1 Like

Looks like he will be play by play on P+ matches of the various A Leagues.

1 Like
2 Likes

Looking great from on air talent point of view. Hopefully we get 50fps broadcast for P+ first game on Friday. Not the bit starved 25fps that we saw last night for FFA Cup

2 Likes

Lots of complaints that they don’t as yet have a start again or pause function on the live feed like Kayo, Optus Sport, Stan etc have, but I saw them reply to a few people saying they’re working on it.

1 Like

Robbie Thompson was one name I was hopeful they got. He did most of the Perth games on FOX. And led 7’s coverage of the A League All Stars game

Robbie Thompson is experienced

Just a small issue with the promotions at the moment: “The Izuzu Al eagle Men kicks off Friday on 10 and P+”. Now whilst we understand the vagaries of the deal, your non-media person and general Neanderthals won’t see the Al league on Friday night on free to air and won’t understand why.

10 isn’t informing the audience that all games live on P+ ajd the match of the week live on Saturday nights on 10. Aren these people at 10 really that dense?

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Wonder when we’ll hear about the planned panel shows and more about the podcast, Football Companion.

4 Likes

I didn’t think there was much of a time difference in China with Australia. Such a weird time to be playing. What time is kick off China time?? 11pm?? Fair late to be playing.