Friday Ident:

Nine Newsbreaks from 2007:

Weather Updates:

50 Years of News & Current Affairs:

Seven News Perth:

Nine Perth PRG:

8 Likes

Great stuff!
That Seven News helicopter/presenter opener still remains my favourite news opener of all time, the part of the theme they used for it was so authoritative as well.
Is that Yvette Mooney presenting?

2 Likes

Perhaps a good question for people who live in Perth: Who are the presenters of the Weather Updates and in the 2008 Ident?

Yes it is, with Adrian Barich on Sport.

I’m not sure about the exact airdate although my guess is that the bulletin is from the mid-2000s, with the horizontal plasmas being swapped for vertical ones sometime around 2006.

1 Like

The helicopter intro was one of the better intros nationwide during that era. It was used in 2004 in most markets before only Perth.

Friday/Green Ident (without ninemsn.com.au url):

Afternoon Newsbreaks with Sonia Vinci:

2 Likes

I think that might be the original/initial version of Nine’s 2002-04 Green/Friday Ident? Because the later versions (which are probably the ones we remember most) were a bit more zoomed out for the end/logo shot:

1 Like

The day we left for camp was the day of the Sydney dust storm in 2009 (thus no outdoor activities, hence much TV watching and room-staying because they didn’t want everyone having asthma attacks from the dust). Was an incredible sight to drive up north with all the dust going on…

2 Likes

Channel Nine Perth Video Copy Commercial:

7 Likes

While Ten’s logo is still current, I came across a website that designed brochures for Ten during the early 2000s with the “what do you want to be?” tagline.

http://www.tweak.com.au/site/portfolios/channel-10/

2 Likes

50 Years of News & Current Affairs Promo:

30 Second News Promo:

5 Likes

Before they might disappear:

4 Likes

I like how One’s is completely silent.

2 Likes

The Ten closer with the logo staying for 10 extra seconds! Catch!

It’s the end tag provided by Ten found here which is why it’s longer than usually broadcast:
https://tenplay.com.au/corporate/broadcast-documentation/network-end-tag

It will probably be the end of the era for the Ten production closer audio from Thursday, unless they keep it!
It has lasted 17 years!

2 Likes

Former Nine News reporter Jim Waley making an archival appearance on Barrenjoey Road on ABC.

3 Likes

Channel 9 celebrated its 50th year in 2006. During that year, the 9 dots have been dropped since late January 2006 where it was replaced by a box. This included WIN Television and NBN Television.
Nine Perth celebrated 40 years of TV operation in 2005. STW9 was owned by Sunraysia TV during that time in 2006. Chris Brown used to be the voiceover for STW9 until his departure in 2013.

2 Likes

Ahead of the Network 10 Upfronts and reported logo change. I was lucky enough to have seen the first night of Ten’s current logo. This is the recording from Sunday 13 January 1991 as seen in Brisbane.

It shows one of the last instances of a 10 TV Australia ident followed by Ten Evening News then a line-up free from any logo. We then see the new station theme featuring network personalities. Then for the first time the circular logo of The Entertainment Network.

7 Likes