Network 10 2019

lock him up

7 Likes

I wonder if we will see Neighbours move back to the main channel? It would certainly be interesting considering 11 was built (with CBS contract) on the guarantee Neighbours would remain on the channel. Now that it’s looking as though 11 will be dumped, there is no need for this…

I for one would like to see it return to the main channel

2 Likes

According to the About page, there are 1,215 members of MediaSpy (seems low, but that’s the number). Taking away ShadowDan leaves you a conceptual problem about disappearing shadows, but also 1214/1215 members, or 99.92%.

6 Likes

In my defence…

1 Like

Well i wont be either because i dont even own a PVR

3 Likes

A look back to 13 January 1991 and the first night of the current logo - and they said it wouldn’t last :slight_smile:

7 Likes

and they said it wouldn’t last

to be fair to them, the network did go into receivership not long after…

Network was already in receivership at this point AFAIK

1 Like

Threw this together. Could have spent hours aligning all the different logos to sit perfect, but I still think does the job.

All of the circle variants of the current logo we know. Farewell friend, grew up with you on my TV. Now I’m ready for the new iteration and era of TEN/10/X
TENLOGOSWM2

And here’s a gif for the sake of it too :wink:

30 Likes

I was watching too that night. At 8:30. Of course as a kid I had no idea what was happening. I initially thought the t-e-n 2 minute promo with the circle letter cards was some kind of hoax or temporary thing - I didn’t believe it was true. It was so different to the 10 I was used to. Then the first ident flying through the clouds was of course magical. And again, it took a while for me to register what I had just seen. Amazing.

5 Likes

It was such a departure from the previous look. I can imagine a lot of people feeling the same.

1 Like

Wow. End of an era. @MBB terrific composite you posted there! Makes me think that they could have done so much more with that logo. A “hero shot” ident on the 3d blue and gold logo akin to Nine’s 2010 Welcome Home ident is what Ten really should have done. The last few years of on-air presentation have felt cold and lifeless.

Numerical 10 logo. I’m worried. It will either look very good in 3d and print OR it will look like a cheap competitor to 9GO with idents rendered in Cinema4d with no sense of familiarity or consistency. The current numerical ident they have been using since 2014 is not good enough and I will be really disappointed if they convert their entire brand identity to that on Thursday.

I’ll laugh if the new logo is something like this.

13 Likes

lol that would just end up my love for 10 to replace it with that… :stuck_out_tongue:

can’t see them doing that…

2 Likes

I’m 99.99% sure that Ten will NOT simply adopt their current (or maybe even outgoing? :wink:) Studio 10 logo for standard use across the entire network.

7 Likes

It doesn’t suit. It’s a good design in its own right, but it just doesn’t suit.

1 Like

I believe it is this evening.

but a new logo and a rebrand shows the advertisers (especially) that there is money there - CBS isn’t just hands off and collecting (or distributing) cheques. it shows they are willing to spend money.

I think the public don’t care, and probably 95% of people have no idea who owns 10 (and don’t care). but the rebrand is not for them, as i said above, it’s for the advertisers.

and the pres geeks (no offence).

1 Like