General News Events - Coverage Discussion

I’m not saying I won’t be watching, I’m just saying there’s no-one onboard and so there is nothing to warrant live coverage. Maybe for the ‘landing’ on the moon, but coverage on Today and tomorrow’s news will suffice.

It has been talked about on the radio today and it was been covered in news bulletins so obviously it is an event of significance considering it’s NASA’s most powerful rocket ever and paves the way for a return to the moon. No doubt the American breakfast shows will be all over it.

1 Like

According to Karina Carvalho the World will have coverage from 10 P.M.

1 Like

Looks like it’s been delayed.

1 Like

Some brief caps for prepare of the launch

1 Like

Launch has been cancelled for today due to technical difficulties.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yes. There is a Seven News reporter behind you.

6 Likes

I understand that this is an important case but why does it need so much coverage in places outside NSW?

2 Likes

It was the subject of a very ‘popular’ podcast that had international attention.

Potential for 7News Spotlight and/or 60 Minutes.

Not shown on ABC News

4 Likes

Yes but still. Have a minute or two news update, with a clip of the verdict and short cross to sum up the case. And in NSW have the total coverage obviously. If someone is a ‘fan’ of the case they will be online watching anyway.

1 Like

Looking like a 9 fest in this press conference…

3 Likes

2 Nine News, 1 Today Show, 1 2GB & a Fordham.

5 Likes

For Seven Melbourne and Brisbane left the rolling coverage out of Sydney to start their respective afternoon news at 4pm where it was the main story while in Sydney Angela Cox took over with more coverage.

3 Likes

It had 30 million listeners. The case had international media doing live crosses from Sydney on it.

1 Like

But rolling coverage for hours?

Anyone else find it slightly humorous that 10 ran a breaking news graphic over Judge Judy?

3 Likes

Yes. It’s a gripping story that has captured the attention of millions spanning the last 40 years. There were plenty of updates to provide throughout the day, especially once the Judge started mid-morning. There may not be another Australian story to match the gravity of it this year.

Seven and Nine did a solid job. ABC held back until the verdict was through - probably being legally conscious.

1 Like

Very little coverage of the Pakistan floods, looks like it is very serious. 33million people homeless or displaced.