Nine News Content and Appearance

He did. Alicia is the successor as he doesn’t want the gig anymore

I thought the exclamation mark at the end of my comment would have given away that I was being sarcastic and not serious.

I know some people were skeptical of Tony’s comments at the time, thinking that TJ really wants to replace Hitch, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s content doing sport.

He’s got a good deal at Nine - sport presenter on the weeknight news bulletin, Sunday Footy Show, fill in for Neil Mitchell on 3AW, host Australian Open coverage etc. He’s probably realised these roles are where he flourishes.

I’ve only just seen this paragraph you added in now as it wasn’t there when you originally posted. I didn’t live in Sydney (and don’t currently) during Ian Ross’ tenure reading news, but I’m well aware of how popular he was in that market and the command he had over the audience. But times have changed and I don’t think the audience is as strongly attracted to the person reading the news as much as it previously once did. Please stop your agenda of insinuating that I’m some young child with your comments about me being ‘too young’. It’s tiresome and meaningless and I honestly don’t know why you’re doing it.

He said on air when on 3AW that he did indeed initially want to replace him but his priorities in what he wants changed and that he turned it down.

1 Like

You’re giving the average viewer way too much credit.
People I know couldn’t give a flying if the presenter has worked for 45 years, 19 years, or 5 minutes.

9 Likes

Nine coverage of Chris Dawson verdict. - decision is taking a long time to read so breaking in and out of coverage

Decision still going when 11:30 news started.

Rolling coverage of the verdict.

4 Likes

Ive just turned the telly on and Nine have broken into regular programming with news of the verdict and the aftermath.

4 Likes

Are Nine airing a national afternoon bulletin? Or have they just forgotten to switch to the local backdrop behind Davina?

2 Likes

Local bulletins in Melbourne and Brisbane.

4 Likes

Im guessing it may not have been possible to switch the backdrop since the breaking news went straight into the 4pm bulletin eg there was no closer/ opener for them.

They manage to change it several times at 6pm. Not sure why it would be any different.

1 Like

“Teenager Bas” @Bas_Tech seen on Nine News this afternoon

10 Likes

A man was behind Tony screaming tonight in Brisbane, Tony said “As you can see, a few idiots turned up.” Then replying to the man live “Good on you mate, grow up.”

5 Likes

He yelled “CHOMPERSSSSSS”

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Special bulletin live from Southbank ahead of Riverfire.

Riverfire

5 Likes

Andrew & Melissa are fairly average as hosts, Melissa definitely carrying him through the intro.

Add to that Lofty already referred to the coverage by the previous name of Sunsuper Riverfire.

Is this still in SD?

3 Likes

It’s been HD for several years.

5 Likes

Andrew Lofthouse was terrible, making errors. Melissa every spoke over him at one stage.

1 Like

Adelaide’s 6pm news and weather is coming from the Royal Adelaide Show this week, sport still being presented in studio.

15 Likes