Fox Sports

I just hope I can access the featured groups coverage via my iq4

After this AFL season is over Fox Sports should re-brand 503 as Fox Golf or Fox Sports Golf as a 24/7 golf channel.

1 Like

No more likely 506, given 503 is overflow for AFL and cricket and 505 is the main netball channel, and 507 is an overall overflow channel. It would make sense to then launch 508 full time as the overflow channel.

isn’t 506 almost 24/7 motor sport. It makes sense for Fox to have dedicated single-sport channels to golf and motorsport. 505, 507 and 508 should be the overflow channels.

1 Like

Then make 505 Fox Golf, 506 Fox Motorsport, and then have 503 as the primary overflow (for AFL and cricket) and other general sport, with 507 as the second general channel to replace 505 and to house netball, launching 508 as More+.

Fox League will show the 2022 TAB Million Dollar Chase greyhound race live from Sydney’s Wentworth Park on Saturday night, September 24, right after the channel’s broadcast of the NRL 2nd preliminary final.

Untitled

1 Like

6 Likes

For memory Nine showed it last year.

1 Like

Yes I remember that now, I believe it was.

Fox Sports campaign celebrates biggest month ever of women’s sport

Fox Sports Australia has launched a new campaign, Just Watch Me, to celebrate and spotlight the very best in female sporting talent as part of the biggest month ever of women’s sport on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

The blockbuster month will see AFLW, NRLW, Netball Internationals, WBBL, LPGA and select Ladies European Tour events, and more crossover throughout September and October with wall-to-wall action for the Foxtel Group’s 2.5 million sports subscriber base.

Fox Sports’ campaign will leverage its influential on-air talent, ambassador and editorial network to put women’s sport front and centre – championing those leading the way on and off the field.

The campaign will include a new content series featuring Sarah Hosking (AFLW), Ruby Schleicher (AFLW), Keira Austin (Netball), Kate Moloney (Netball), Millie Boyle (NRLW), Keeley Davis (NRLW), Stella Campbell (Cricket) and Emma Hughes (Cricket).

Fox Sports’ campaign will see the quantity of women’s sport content increase through dedicated first-person athlete columns, Q&A’s, breaking news and match reports on foxsports.com.au – giving a voice and platform to share stories, experiences and advice to future generations of sports stars.

To coincide with the mega month of coverage, recent research* commissioned by Fox Sports reveals the popularity of women’s sports has risen to new heights. The research found three quarters of Australians value hearing from female sports commentators with men making up 80 per cent of that total figure.

One in two people surveyed also believe there has been a noticeable difference in the number of female commentators represented on screen. Meanwhile sixty per cent of those surveyed believe increased media coverage of women’s sports would help to ensure its long-term success.

Fox Sports, available on Foxtel and Kayo, will be the live and exclusive broadcaster of the Women’s Health ‘Women in Sport’ Awards on October 16.

The prestigious awards ceremony – now in its tenth year – recognises women who have made an exceptional impact to their sporting code and inspire the next generation of athletes.

*All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 3054 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 8th – 15th February 2022. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all Australian adults (aged 18+).

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/supercars/status/1576736884600066052

Foxtel channel 503 is taking this year’s coverage, with the event streamed live on Kayo.

The pop-up Bathurst channel will feature a raft of Bathurst specials, documentaries and race replays.

3 Likes

Bathurst not in 4k again?

They can’t make the excuse of not having the equipment.

Unless Seven is vetoing it?

The Mediaweek article on Gravity Media’s involvement in the production of Bathurst broadcast did not mention anything about 4K. It seems to me that Gravity Media does not own any 4K OB trucks, while NEP has a few.

Coverage spans 199 television cameras on-track, in-car, in the pits, around the track, embedded in concrete kerbs and walls, in the air and across sections of the track on a wire, and accessing four state-of-the-art high definition outside broadcast trucks, 52 kilometres of broadcast cable and a total production crew of 257.

1 Like

Might need the underwater cameras this year

3 Likes

May not be logistically possible with the sheer size of area they need to cover.

Back when they did do it 4k it was only really half 4k because it wasn’t all 4k cameras. I’m not to sure what the set-up would look like now if NEP were to do again.

2 Likes

Exactly the point, not worth doing unless you can do it all.

Does anyone know why there are suddenly two Main event channels? 521, 522.

Haney v Kambosos Jr 2 starts at 11am Sunday and Wilder v Helenius starts at noon Sunday and on October 30, Lomachenko v Ortiz is on at the same time as Paul v Silva. So, they probably added an extra channel to deal with the overlaps.

Previously they had a PPV event on 507 when this happened, back when that channel didn’t have a full schedule.

3 Likes