Fox Sports

1 Like

Golf

1 Like

And what makes you think any FTA network would bother doing their own shoulder coverage if they got the rights when they can take a superior product from Sky?

1 Like

You are missing the point of my reply; before Fox took over the coverage, nine & ten did it their own way with the coverage, didn’t just use the feed from sky.

I was also not saying that, if Stan or another service got it today, that they would change this copy and paste service of sky.

2 Likes

Megan Barnard is on the cover of Stellar magazine inside News Corp papers this Sunday.

It will be Megan Barnard’s first media interview since Fox Sports sacked reporter Tom Morris in March, following an investigation of leaked WhatsApp audio which allegedly contained sexist and homophobic slurs against Megan.

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Hannah Hollis revealed to her colleagues last week that she is pregnant and expecting her first child in NRL grand final week in early October. She plans to spend this summer in a beachside house on NSW South Coast she and her husband recently bought.

1 Like
3 Likes

Screenshot from their motorsport page of the FSN website.
When did they stop doing their own production of F1?

1 Like

Fox Sports 505’s live and exclusive coverage of the 150th Open golf championship from St Andrews started this afternoon Australian time.

See also:

2 Likes

In the later days of the 10 coverage, they used to have some pre-race in house coverage from Australia and crossed to a reporter on the grid.

2 Likes

Whilst it wasn’t for F1, Fox Sports did send Jess Yates to the Netherlands for the Dutch TT race in MotoGP a few weeks back where she was doing live crosses from the paddock and grid pre-race, which was actually nice to see!

2 Likes

Do they do coverage for MotoGP?

Some questionable broadcasting decisions on Fox Sports 503 this evening- the first World Superbike race which started at 11pm did not have the coverage start until 11:27pm, when the race was already 18 of 23 laps complete. The delay was in order to finish airing a repeat of Best on Ground which had also aired on 504 only half an hour before. Furthermore, Fox Sports 507 was vacant and airing a repeat of a Darts tournament from a month ago.

Yes, Fox does their own pre race and post race coverage on Sundays.

Ten always did their own pre race and post race coverage dating back to when they took over from Nine back in 2003 (as Nine did before them). If I remember rightly they started crossing to a reporter at the track around 2007ish- at first it was Peter Windsor and then later on he was replaced by Tom Clarkson.

I did like that, Jess also did an interview with McLaren’s Zak Brown while she was over there which has aired a few times in the past couple of weeks.

Personally, I’d love to see Fox take their own pre-race and post-race coverage instead of the Sky coverage.
The Sky coverage has declined significantly in quality over the years and has gotten increasingly parochial and biased toward the British drivers in recent years.

i agree, but the thing with sky is that they have the contacts and knowledge on the ground. if fox did it, i have no doubt it would be like the bad old days with NEIN where its in a studio in Sydney, in a cheap looking set hosted by some has beens (9 used Allan Jones and Darrel Eastlake)

1 Like

That is very true, sadly I do fear that would be the case. I don’t miss those days one bit!

My dream scenario would be for Fox to join up with Channel 4 in the UK and take that coverage live (with the UK getting that coverage on delay per their rights deal like they do now) with Mark Webber and David Coulthard. I do think that it would be a long shot unfortunately.

I notice that Fox Sports’ video page had a refresh, with videos now arranged in a grid pattern, instead of the previous random pattern.

1 Like
1 Like

There is now a pop-up notice at GolfTV website advising local subscribers of the switch to Fox Sports and Kayo.

Live PGA TOUR content will be moving exclusively to Fox Sports and available on Kayo from 6 September 2022. GOLFTV service will be discontinued on the same date. We recommend that subscribers turn off auto-renew now to avoid being charged again before the service ends. Instructions can be found at help.golf.tv

Warner Bros Discovery, which now owns GolfTV, is also discontinuing the service in Europe during this month, with subscribers asked to subscribe to Eurosport or Discovery+ where available.

1 Like

Well that was a waste of money from Discovery.

Should mean WGC events return to Fox Sports.
These events were exclusive to GolfTV over the last few years of this operation.

I would think there is no chance of LIV being on Fox to keep the PGA Tour on side for future negotiations.

I got an email about this last week. LIV golf is on DAZN now and it’s no YT for free.