Fox Sports

The world’s best netballers will be on show when the World Champion Australian Diamonds clash with the World No 3 ranked team England, in a three Test international series beginning Thursday (January 21).

Acting Diamonds Captain Clare McMeniman will lead the squad against the host country, as they look to emulate their World Cup dominance and cement their World No 1 standing.

FOX SPORTS will showcase all three Tests LIVE, with no ad-breaks during play and in HIGH DEFINITION, beginning with the first test on Thursday at 6.30am EDT LIVE from Liverpool, England.

London hosts the final two tests, with the on-court action kicking off at 6.30am EDT on Saturday (January 23) and 5.30am EDT on Monday (January 25).

A combination of netball greats including former Diamond star Julie Corletto and England representative Natalie Seaton feature in a stellar commentary team alongside leading netball broadcasters Caroline Barker and Anita Navin.

FOX SPORTS is exclusively available on Foxtel.

LIVE fixtures on FOX SPORTS
Game 1 Thu Jan 21, 5.30AM FOX SPORTS 2**
Game 2 Sat Jan 23, 6.30AM FOX SPORTS 3**
Game 3 Mon Jan 25, 5.30AM FOX SPORTS 3**

1 Like

Fox Sports website has been relaunched with a brand new layout. The sports categories are on the left and videos dominate at the top of the page.

Only looked at the home page so far, but I hate how a majority of it is in Arial with only headings in a custom font. Fairly sure the previous site was all a modern web font.

The Daily Telegraph reports today that Fox Sports will have its own commentary teams for the three NRL matches produced by Nine each week. On Friday nights Matthew Johns will host pre-game, half-time and post-game wrap on Fox Sports while brother Andrew will be doing half-time analysis on Nine. It will be interesting to compare the two match calls when the season starts in March.
Foxtel has also published front and back page ads in today’s Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, The Courier-Mail and The Advertiser, promoting every round of NRL will be shown live, alongside the AFL, Super Rugby, A-League, V8 Supercars, F1 and MotoGP.
I think Foxtel is dumb by borrowing a verse from the Australian national anthem: “Australians all let us rejoice”. How can we rejoice when we have to pay big bucks to see all these events live on pay TV?

Further incentive to tune into Fox Sports, not that anyone with Foxtel would watch Channel 9 over Fox Sports.

1 Like

not so fast, Nine execs believe there’s nothing in the contract which allows them to do their own calls… simulcast may actually mean that they have to show Nine’s pictures AND commentary… they’re all looking further into it.

Yeah that will be interesting I’m sure ch 7 wouldn’t allow Fox to change commentary on the AFL. As a regional viewer ill be choosing HD over WIN tv anytime. Pre post and halftime shows sound very good. I guess Fox will also use there own graphics.

FOX SPORTS today announced the creation of two new sports production leadership roles within the company.

Production has been divided into two areas, Live Sport and Sport Entertainment Shows.

Steve Crawley will join FOX SPORTS in the role of Head of Live Sport on the 1st of May, 2016. Gary Burns, who has been with the company for four years, will take on the new position of Head of Sports Entertainment Shows. Both roles are national, reporting directly into the Chief Executive Officer.

FOX SPORTS is the biggest producer of sport in Australia with the largest live sport offering and the most comprehensive week-long entertainment.

We are dedicated to delivering the best sports broadcasts in the world and the new roles and structure will help achieve this.

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: "This puts in place a very strong team to take us into 2016 and beyond, with two of the best sports producers in the country working side by side. Having recently secured the biggest NRL rights in history and a new channel planned for 2017, we look forward to having Steve and his expertise on the team.”

Also see post in Nine Entertainment Co

Big day of sport on fox with the nine’s, the sevens, and the one day international. Shame not one of the free to air networks have picked up any of these rights to fill day time weekend schedules.

1 Like

I blame the NRL and FOX Sports for not allowing any FTA network to have the rights to air Auckland Nines. NRL were thinking of selling it individually but backed away from it.

I am also surprised that there is not one single coverage of the Sydney 7s on FTA, as there has been for some years now in the form of highlights package. It would do a great service on Ten.

It needs a fair few tweaks before being an FTA product IMO. About a quarter of the teams take it seriously.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again - Fox Footy is a waste of bandwidth over summer.

Fox Sports could better use the extra channel, particularly when there is a glut of live sport (like this weekend, or during the week for early morning EPL action)

2 Likes

I completely agree. But perhaps Fox Sports are contractually obliged to show nothing but AFL-related programing on Fox Footy?

I’m not sure if there is much of a demand for the following table, but following posts are a summary of this week on Fox Sports.

Friday 12 February 2016 to Friday 19 February 2016
Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time

1 Like

According to someone on Whirlpool, Fox Sports will not be broadcasting the World T20 in March.

That should mean a FTA broadcaster has picked up the rights…

1 Like

I wonder if it is bundled up like the previous agreement. That is a bit odd. I wonder who this broadcaster is.

I would laugh it was Optus

Fox Sports have been touting their ad-free coverage – and we are not doubting their word for a moment. But part of the deal when Nine gave up Saturday night football and exclusive coverage of their other game was that Fox would run eight minutes of commercials that earn the Nine Network revenue.

It’s going to be fascinating to see how they work that into their broadcast.

SMH