Fox Sports

1 Like

Abbie will also be reporting from the red carpet

1 Like

Abbie…who? (not a dig, actual question)

1 Like

From Her Way. As she is 11, she doesn’t use her full name due to privacy.

2 Likes

Good on her! She’s the female sport equivalent of our own Leo!

3 Likes

Supercars announced the 2023 racing calendar and broadcast details today. Foxtel will broadcast every practice, qualifying, Shootout and race of the Supercars Championship live and ad free for a ninth consecutive season.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/2023-championship-broadcast-details-confirmed/

1 Like

The Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Ironman and Ironwoman Series is returning to Fox Sports. The first two rounds of the summer will be shown live from Sydney’s Manly Beach on Fox Sports 505 from 12.30pm AEDT this weekend (December 17-18). Round 3 and 4 will be held at Sydney’s Maroubra Beach on January 14-15 and Round 5-6 at Gold Coast’s Kurrawa Beach on February 4-5.

All six rounds will also be shown live on SBS (see SBS Sport thread).

3 Likes

Why is Fox blurring the Ten watermark now?

4 Likes

Because they are petty?

1 Like

All of the supercars footage from the Ten days has been shown with the watermark blurred out - wonder if its come like that from the Supercars content library

1 Like

The stuff that Supercars uploads to their YouTube channel does not have Ten’s watermark blurred:

Some of the earlier Bathurst replays on Kayo is also not blurred:

3 Likes

interesting, maybe they’re from Fox’s library then (Fox held replay rights for a long time)

2 Likes

Would have to be since that was the 2000 race and Fox somehow has it in widescreen.
Supercars only seems to have copies in 4:3 until 2003 (image below of 2001):

Vs Fox’s copy

1 Like

May have also been blurred back in the day (before digital widescreen, as 2000 was) for the benefit of when Fox Sports was also in 4:3, so you didn’t have the mishmash of logos on top of each other (seeing both the top left and top right spots were already taken).

1 Like

F1 pre season testing is a late addition to the schedule on Fox Sports 506.

All 3 days live from 5:50pm AEDT each day starting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Well, Fox Sports are really showing how tight things are now. are at 4 am you can watch the 2023 world Chess Championships. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I want sheepdog trials!

1 Like

Whats wrong with Chess?
at one point Fox broadcast Jousting.

1 Like

It’s not really a world championship, as it’s a made-for-TV format. I guess the one thing that makes the chess somewhat “watchable” (if you call it that) is using the blitz format, as a best of two with specifically an “armageddon” must-win tiebreak after.

[Specifically, three minutes plus 2 seconds per move extra in the first two games, then a tie-break where Black gets a straight 4 minutes vs White 5 min, but White must win to win the match, a draw isn’t enough]

Means that games are scheduled to go only eight or nine minutes tops, and a match within half an hour of game time. I’m not sure how that aligns with what the online chess community (more than you may think) tends to play - it looks like the powers in chess are pushing the format in online play too, having had an online cup last year - but blitz chess [generally topping out at 5 minutes per player] is probably the only thing that works in a TV format. Just a shame the commentary is so boring…

There are four of those plus a final running between now and September, each running a week. I guess that makes it no worse than Fox showing darts, to be honest, and since it’s all in Berlin, it can burn an overnight slot when something like Euroleague basketball isn’t on. :man_shrugging: I’m surprised that Fox are showing it on a linear channel but it sounds a perfect thing for Kayo to show as a freebie.

1 Like
4 Likes