Flash

Disappointed with the level of HD for the foreign channels. The BBC looks awful on Flash vs the IQ5 on which it must broadcast on a higher bitrate because the picture quality is much better vs an SD FTA channel.

Apologises if this has already been asked/answered but is it available for Smart TVs from Samsung?

Wasn’t in the Samsung Store when I looked earlier

EDIT: Given the platform is allegedly the same as Kayo/Binge, surely it shouldnt be difficult for them to get apps going fairly easily on these additional devices where Kayo and/or Binge already have a presence

1 Like

CNA is in the press release. The CNA Apple TV app is also really good anyway.

1 Like

Very disappointing line up, with lots of it being freely streamed anyway, and a lot not being true news channels.

Is this just live streams and catch up from just the channels they have? Would have thought at the very least you’d get a bunch of docos and some text news sources too.

Can’t see anyone thinking this is worth $8.

For service which says it wants to appeal to progressives, not having MSNBC is a big omission.

In regards to CNN US, CNNI (to its detriment) simulcasts most of their shows these days anyway.

It does make me wonder whether Fetch have exclusive rights to it or not.

Perhaps Sky News should have a “rolling news” channel (as it originally was until a few years ago) separate from the main channel. As well as a Sky Business channel (business is one of Murdoch’s specialties).

2 Likes

Gotta say I’m really enjoying Flash, great choice of stations on there & really easy to see programs on catch-up too

1 Like

This seems to be the only real benefit that I can see

1 Like

Sky News for rolling news coverage and Sky Nation for the editorial, and after 11pm it can just simulcast Fox News or something.

1 Like

FLASH

Flash will provide a fresh, convenient way for Aussies to stay informed by bringing together a diverse range of over 20 live and on demand leading local and global news sources.

It’s the new news in news, and the most convenient way to stay informed and connected across a range of sources, opinions and perspectives.

There is nothing like it in the market.

Foxtel Group’s newest dedicated news streaming service is here! Presented by Kate de Brito - executive director of Flash:

To celebrate the launch of Flash, we’re excited to offer you a 1 month FREE trial.

Scan the below QR code and follow the prompts to unlock hours of live and on demand news content.

QR CODE

T&Cs - New Flash customers only. Redeem by 11:59pm AEST on 7 November, 2021. Not available via third party billing or in conjunction with other Flash offers. After offer period ends, Flash auto-renews at $8/mth unless cancelled prior. One redemption per person. Flash available for use in Australia only.

1 Like

The service is still useless for Australian news after 5pm. You can’t get that here.

Ah yes, it’s a ‘diverse range’ of news and opinions alright…

1 Like

Ohh it’s the Fox News and sky grievance platform. Woke and cancel culture. These right wing nut jobs offer nothing of value. It’s constant whinging in an attempt to own the left.

4 Likes

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/georgie-excited-for-flash-new-role/news-story/bbd5855e0d1ec077cad6c32a33e88c04

1 Like

Can anyone paraphrase the article can I can only view the first line.

Sounds interesting nonetheless.

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Georgie Tunny is joining Flash, to host a new segment called News Flash. I’m not sure if this means she’ll be leaving the ABC.

1 Like

Georgie Tunny joins Australia’s new dedicated news streaming service, Flash

Flash , which launched earlier this month, today announced one of the country’s highly respected and rising national news reporters will join Australia’s first-of-its-kind, news streaming service Flash as host of the daily ‘News Flash ’ segments.

Ms Tunny joins Flash from the ABC where she is a reporter and presenter on Australian news breakfast television program, ABC News Breakfast. She is also a regular panellist on the popular prime-time Network 10 current affairs and talk show, The Proje ct.

With more than a decade’s experience reporting across news, sport and entertainment for the ABC, The Project and FOX Sports, Ms Tunny brings her diversity to host the new daily segment called News Flash .

News Flash segments will make it easier for users to stay informed and connected, capturing the day’s biggest news and headlines from across more than 20 leading global and local news sources that power Flash.

The snackable updates draw upon Flash’s unrivalled line-up of global news sources including Al Jazeera, BBC World News, Bloomberg TV, CNN International, FOX News Channel, France24 and Sky News Australia to provide the latest news.

Flash Executive Director, Kate de Brito said: “Georgie is a young, bright news reporter who has been doing a tremendous job reporting on the news for ABC’s national breakfast TV program.

“We are thrilled to have someone of her calibre join the Flash team, bringing her passion and background as a trusted national news reporter, to Australia’s newest and biggest news streaming service as host of our new News Flash segments.

“News Flash segments will make it even easier for Australians to stay up to date with breaking news from over 20 news sources, demonstrating the power of Flash as a news aggregator. ”

Flash is available on mobile, tablet, PC or TV, with no lock-in contracts for just $8 per month. Built on the same technology platform as Kayo Sports and BINGE , users can take advantage of innovations including: Personalisation, allowing users to follow the opinions, topics and news that matter to them and FlashLists, the ability to create and save stories to watch later. More features will soon be available including FlashPoint, providing every angle of every story and FlashNav, getting straight to the big moments of stories faster.

4 Likes

I’ll be getting the free trial for this just so I can access CNN. Hopefully we will see MSNBC too!