Federal Politics

You’ve invented this whole narrative that I’m some leftie, when it’s completely missing the point.

I don’t blindly vote for a party. I don’t think the sun shines out of Labor or the Greens’ arse.

I vote for policies which improve the lives of other and build a better country. Good on the Liberals for coming up with something decent - I still won’t be voting for them because Morrison hasn’t articulated any vision for battling wealth inequality, climate change and other issues I find important. I think he has good intentions with his youth suicide policy.

You’ll be surprised to know I actually attended a leaders debate recently and listened to what both leaders had to say. I’ve taken the time to think about what issues are important to me before deciding to vote. I know where each party stands.

I’ve never seen a post from you which has articulated exactly what your policy priorities are. All you’ve ever commented is snide, lame little 4chan phrases with no nuance, no vision, no intellect, no direction. It’s just weakness, bereft of ideas, which is typical from the conservative, neoliberal segment of society which has morphed into an ideological black hole.

4 Likes

You say you’re not a Leftie, yet all your posts point to it. You say that I offer nothing on this forum except being blindly partisan, yet you have nothing to say about @cmo who relentlessly calls anyone slightly to the right of De Natalie an ‘extreme right winger’. Let’s take a look at your history in this thread and the so called ‘narrative’ I have created about you being a Leftie.

This insightful and classy comment.

Note the use of the word ‘our’ describing the “radical” left. :joy::joy:

Lol.

Speaks for itself…

An admission…

Expert and accurate political commentary…

Doesn’t want what’s best for the country, just wants what he thinks is going to be the best thing for Labor.

So, I ask you to admit that you were wrong in saying that I created the narrative you’re a Leftie. Your history on this site proves you are. I didn’t create these comments - they’re yours, own them.

1 Like

Ignoring that you’re quoting something from 2016, how would being in a minority government be “the best thing for Labor”?! The best thing for any political party would be to control both houses of parliament and avoid any possible scrutiny. Truly bizarre.

3 Likes

Because the polls at that time indicated Coalition had a slight lead so it was impossible that Labor would win. Therefore the absolute best thing for Labor would have been a minority government.

Really this is why federal politics have become such a low point in just about every country in the world. If you don’t agree with the left you are immediately labelled as someone who has low iq’s . You don’t know what the average Australian is thinking and what issue is important to them. You have been on this crusade for months and it’s getting little bothersome, making it hard to have a decent discussion in this thread because you always raise questions about peoples votes because it doesn’t match yours.

You are constantly attacking the Australian voter with your rhetoric, how bout what the Australian public thinks and does, shouldn’t affect you by labelling them something they are not and while you are at it - insulting people who are illiterate is totally disgusting especially people from low socioeconoic backgrounds.

2 Likes

That’s the modern left for you.

1 Like

This was exactly what one of Tony Abbott’s strategies was. Labor said do this, they would do that. Labor implemented this and as soon as TA got in he set about to personally destroy it, so many good things which had been done by Rudd and Gillard undone for no real reason, just simply because they had been the opposition.

Two party politics works so much better when there is not an Opposition Party but an Alternative Government. One that looks at each policy, proposes an alternative, builds on what is there etc… rather than just simply hating it because the other side did it. It helps nobody and doesn’t really give much for people to actually see how the parties think.

Yep, the name calling for anyone that people don’t agree with I think is really childish and completely not necessary. That goes for calling people on the media that too. When there were comments about Julia Gillard and the way she looked or what she was wearing instead of her policies it was misogyny and completely frowned upon yet on here it seems that calling people like Paul Murray “fat slobs” and worse is ok. That’s no different to primary school bullying. Attack PM for what he says but attacking him for his looks is just childish. I’m going to take a guess and say that there are several people here who had tough childhoods with bullying, I know I certainly did. We’re all adults now (well, the majority of us) so can’t we at least act like it?

1 Like

Relax… go and read the comments on the guardian forums if you want to gain insight into the he extreme left.

Again I don’t vote for the extreme left. I just can’t stand where the liberals and the Neanderthals in that party have taken the nation the last 6 years.

Economically I’ll be worse off under labor but I don’t care. We need them out for the good of the country. And I live in a very safe liberal seat unfortunately. At least the local member is a moderate.

“10 replies Federal Politics
Me -

3 Likes

I really don’t get this comment. Isn’t it a good thing they are happy to agree with a policy. You complained about name calling and we see two parities agreeing on something and you are upset about it. Seems like good politics to me.

I answered a similar comment 2 hours ago, see up. :smiley:

Yep just getting through those comments. A lot to get through. I don’t know if I agree with a lot of your comments. And it seems like you are bit like scomo and avoiding questions many have asked you like this one from @pelican

Something I would be interested in hearing rather than attacking, something you have asked to stop in another thread.

Where have you got that from?

1 Like

I would like to know that too.

It’s from a pamphlet

From?

that brochure is not “Bill Shorten announced” as you stated in your initial comment

It’s a scare campaign from his opposition.

8 Likes

Yet @Super_SC has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. How many other have succumbed to their dirty tricks?

I received the same from my local member, I was kind enough to return it to them in the reply paid envelope they sent out with their dodgy postal vote applications. Along with the last three years of fridge magnet calendars and some crap from Palmer’s mob.

3 Likes

I hardly think the false claims in those pamphlets are only from the Libs and Palmer etc… Unfortunately it’s from all parties. It would be good if there was some sort of fact check on all these claims or just that the parties could actually be honest and treat all of us as adults so those who want to make a properly informed decision can.