Extra (Ch 97)

The numbers are already allocated to the networks under a standard. There’s no risk here.

1 Like

:question:

The reason i think they have redirects such as 91 and 99 is because no other network can claim that channel. If a new network or company would come into FTA television, they can’t claim that because Nine have already

The redirect for 91 is to have a sequential channel listing for Nine for people (who don’t have MPEG 4) using the up and down channel change on their remotes. So it goes form 9 to Gem to Go etc.

ABC (21) and Seven (71) do the same thing.

The 99 redirect is a legacy because that was the original LCN for 9Go and potentially some people are still using that to access the channel.

6 Likes

That’s not a thing…

1 Like

It may seem that way, but that’s not the reason. It’s not like the internet. You can’t just start a TV station and claim channel numbers. There are standards and regulations all networks adhere to.

Fair enough, I thought that networks would claim them to secure their spots. My bad.

They’ve already secured their spots. Seven has 7, 70-79, 700-799. No other network can use them.

2 Likes

In fairness it’s a different system in the UK, where there’s all sorts of regulation and trickery to secure a lower EPG number. I’m not sure which I prefer to be honest.

2 Likes

@TV-QLD Do you know if Extra is being broadcast in Darwin?

Not sure but it hasn’t appeared on my VLC list yet.

1 Like

Not sure if I’m going mad or not, because I don’t regularly scroll the TV EPG on my Fetch box, but Nine in Newcastle is showing EXTRA on Channel 87.

Not sure if it’s a new addition or not - also (Newcastle TV Guide - All TV Show times, All Channels - 9Entertainment has it on its channel list as well.

2 Likes

You’re a bit late to the party - Extra via NBN launched (or returned) on LCN-87 at the same time as it did on LCN-97 via Nine in the metro markets!

2 Likes

thanks legend, wasn’t sure. I don’t really look at the EPG for local channels as I rarely watch them.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Mocks