Extra (Ch 97)

The channel seems to have returned under LCN 97…

7 Likes

Receiving it in Brisbane. Don’t think I’ll add it to my list of favourite channels.

Currently using MPEG 2 at 1.3 Mbps

1 Like

After rescanning I caught a bit and my goodness, the picture quality is perhaps the worst I’ve ever seen of any channel on Australian terrestrial television.

Watermark seems to be just about the only station branding of significance, while the EPG is very basic as well!

4 Likes

Finally! Been hanging out for the return of this channel for years. Primetime television was never the same without it!

19 Likes

Misread the timestamp! Yes was today.
Love of my life is back :heart_eyes::slight_smile::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Time to dust off the ole PVR and get some series linking happening. Swivel Sweeper marathons are back!!!

9 Likes

Hahaha! :laughing:

Yes, it wasn’t there when I rescanned for 10 Shake.

2 Likes

Must be tough times

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if Seven now bring back good ol’ 4ME

2 Likes

SNOW WA still wins that award unfortunately (or fortunately?)

5 Likes

What about Fresh Ideas TV? :joy:

4 Likes

They need to bring back Babe TV

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware it had gone away…

5 Likes

For those who care, the watermark is pretty much the only station branding (similar to 17 Spree TV) on the revived Extra.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

But I caught an infomercial for some exercise product earlier and as you’d expect, it turns to garbage at the sight of any mild movement. Video quality is more on par with an online stream from 15 years ago than anything resembling actual TV!

Surprised it’s not in MPEG4, but then again I don’t think Nine in metro areas have ever run any SD MPEG4 channels.

LOL, I seem to recall Nine getting into hot water from ACMA over that show:

2 Likes

Call me crazy, but I kind of used to like the on-air presentation and branding the channel had. I wasn’t exactly losing sleep over its demise though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OH GOD I MISSED ANOTHER RELAUNCH

5 Likes

So does Nine own 100% of Extra? If so, will there be a rebrand for the logo?

1 Like

If there was, wouldn’t they have done it now?

1 Like

It just looks horrible…

1 Like

It ceased when 9GemHD launched. I’m surprised they got rid of it tbh. We all know it’s easy money for them.

2 Likes