Driving & Traffic

I agree with Brianc68 and Radiohead regarding Sunshine Motorway. With more tourists expected to visit Sunshine Coast before the 2032 Brisbane Olympics, now is the time to expand the motorway to cater for growing traffic. Planning is underway to duplicate the section between Bruce Hwy at Sippy Downs and Mooloolaba including the reconstruction of the Mooloolaba interchange.

I reckon Sunshine Motorway needs to extend from Sippy Downs to the junction of Gympie Arterial/Gateway Motorway at Bald Hills. It will not only provide a parallel road to Bruce Hwy, but also an important escape route during natural disasters like floods and bushfires.

2 Likes

A rail line is desperately needed but the likes of useless Bailey and Anastasia, nothing will get done here.

A few locals believe when the campaign to get the tolls removed from the motorway, gov.corp has very much ignored the coast since when that happened.

2 Likes

This would be an interesting road trip, a “shortcut” from QLD to WA or vice versa. Will make it more accessible now that it’s being sealed.

3 Likes

Yes it would be great. But a trip to do in winter not summer…

3 Likes

As part of the latest probe, Justice Department prosecutors in Washington and San Francisco are examining whether Tesla misled consumers, investors and regulators by making unsupported claims about its driver-assistance technology’s capabilities, the sources said.

Officials conducting their inquiry could, ultimately, pursue criminal charges, seek civil sanctions or close the probe without taking any action, they said.

2 Likes

Certainly does pay to be vigilant about petrol prices.

A difference of 35.2 cents per litre for E10 just 200 metres apart.

And it amazes me that diesel is 62.2 cents per litre more than E10 at the Ampol station.

2 Likes

It’s so great having a smaller car again,now I can fill it up with fuel for less than $50 ,depending on the fuel price of course.It also doesn’t use as much fuel anyway and as I’m still not working I don’t need to fill up the tank as often

3 Likes
4 Likes

Please send an RBT to the Police media centre!

4 Likes

Someone needs to proof read their Tweets before hitting submit.

1 Like

I think you’ve missed the joke.

7 Likes

The public would go bark-ing mad if nothing was said/done.

3 Likes

Apparently these type of tweets are quite poplar. Acorn to others they are nuts and should be axed. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

“Missed it by that much”

2 Likes
2 Likes

It happens there at least a couple of times a year. Not sure what more they can do as there are plenty of warnings…

2 Likes

That surprises me a bit, but to be fair who would stop there just for a cup of instant coffee… yuck.

1 Like

Brisbane-based business goa has been in damage control since the cyber attack on Sunday, when inappropriate material was displayed on a Milton Road billboard for about three minutes.

2 Likes

A truck has collided with 8 cars on the M4 this afternoon.

3 Likes
2 Likes