Cricket

I have this Test on my telly now.

I always enjoy watching the SKY Sports coverage of Test cricket on English grounds against the established cricketing countries. Even though its no Ashes. Really looking forward to see how the Aussies go over there next year.

You go to church? You know you could sleep in right?

1 Like

India have been smashed by an innings and 159 runs in the 2nd Test (all out for 107 and 130 in response to Englandā€™s 6/396 declared).

1 Like

Iā€™m not at all surprised by that resultā€¦I predicted 5-0 to England and it looks like heading that way now.

1 Like

Rachidā€™s comments interesting from the Poms

India are in a dominant position in the 3rd test against England which is refreshing to see. With a lead of 292 and only 2 wickets down in their 2nd innings, it should be a lay down misere from here but odder things have happened.

1 Like

I heard that Melbourne Stars will continue their sponsorship deal with Optus for another 3 seasons of Big Bash League.

1 Like

Melbourne Renegades will play BBL games in Geelong this summer after all. It was reported earlier this week a deal to play two matches at GMHBA Stadium could be in limbo.

The first doubleheader on January 3 (WBBL v Hurricanes at 2.50pm, BBL v Strikers at 7.15pm) will be shown live on Seven and Fox Cricket. The second doubleheader on January 13 (WBBL v Sixers at 2.50pm, BBL v Heat at 6.35pm) will be shown exclusively on Fox Cricket.

1 Like

As a Strikers fan living in Geelong, thats great news if Iā€™m not still on holiday back in SA

Do they know itā€™s Cricket time at all?

1 Like

Anglican Archbishop of Melbourne Philip Freier slammed the BBL Christmas proposal on 3AW this morning, saying it would cause more controversy than having AFL on Good Friday.

Really?

Thanks to the move to more games, I miss the Sydney derby at Spotless on Xmas Eve, because, oh heaven forbid, Iā€™d like to spend it with my family.

Whoever thought it was a great idea, give me their details as I want to deal with them once and for all. :angry:

You donā€™t have to attend, or watch for that matter.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a member. Iā€™ve lost out because of the stupid fucking timing.

I think itā€™s a fucking stupid idea. Do we really need to follow down the path of the Yanks and have sports on these sorts of days? Seriously, the world can stop for a day or two.

3 Likes

Ah right. Yeah thatā€™s a bit shit given youā€™ve paid for a game you canā€™t go to, but I guess Christmas Eve is still a work day for many.

I am in two minds about it, I like Christmas being the one day where nothing else encroaches on life, even as an atheist. Thereā€™s something kinda lovely about life stopping for the majority of people for one day a year. On the other hand, I think a Christmas match would be a fun tradition and something to look forward to as the day winds to a close.

Easter I donā€™t particularly care what goes on. God, if he existed - which he doesnā€™t, would love a bit of sport to take his mind off the anniversary of his sonā€™s death.

1 Like

No. No, no, no, no, NO. I stand by my comment - itā€™s a f##ked idea and whoever came up with it, I would like to take to them with, appropriately enough, a cricket bat (because hockey sticks are sacred).

If they do a Xmas day game, on principle, Cricket NSW/Australia and the Thunder will not get another dime from me for membership. Iā€™ve delayed renewing my Knights membership because of those stupid 6pm Friday games - the world does not revolve around Rupertā€™s 87 year old arse. Seriously, the day he dies, Iā€™m going to get shitfaced in celebration.

Christmas is about being with family. That should be the most important thing for just about everyone. Taking the religious stuff out of the equation, wouldnā€™t it be nice for everyone to just slow down for a day or two? Just because the Yanks do it, doesnā€™t mean we have to do it. Seriously, f##k them and letā€™s do our thing.

7 Likes

Iā€™m similarly annoyed at the Stars schedule this year - the games are just horribly fixtured aside from the New Years day derby and one Sunday afternoon game, all but most of the other matches are at 7:15pm on non-holiday weekdays. And even worse - thereā€™s a 7:40pm game on a Sunday!

Then, you have a home game on the Gold Coast and another one during the day on a weekday in Moe.

When the rights were with Ten there were far more reasonable slots - if they did have a Sunday night game, it would at least be a 6:10pm start or so - that hour and a half makes a big difference, I just donā€™t want to be getting home near midnight on a Sunday or a worknight - especially in summer when Iā€™ve already melted through the day.

I only have a 4 game membership for the Storm, mostly because their games often overlap with AFL matches Iā€™m going to - but Iā€™ll often just skip the 6pm start games even if I can get there in time, just because of how annoying they are.

The 7:40 games at least give you a chance to go get a meal first and not be rushing after work to get to the stadium.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Religion

The question is would she watch cricket on December 25th?

1 Like