Cricket

AUstralia have won the 4th T20 Match over Sri Lanka by 6 wickets with 11 balls to spare at the MCG. Sri Lanka started off strongly, but wickets came crashing down during the 15.4 over. They lost 6 wickets off 12 runs in 3.1 overs. How could this happen?

1 Like

Sri Lanka won the fifth and final T20 Match at the MCG tonight, beating Australia by five wickets. Opener Kusal Mendis was named player of the match for his innings of 69, and putting on 83 runs for the fifth wicket with captain Dasun Shanaka.
The win ended Sri Lanka’s eight-match losing streak in T20 matches in Australia.
That means for this summer across all international competitions, the Australian men’s team won eight matches, drew one and lost one.

4 Likes

Wowee. Sri Lanka pulled off an upset victory over Australia after beating by 5 wickets with a ball to spare at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Australia’s hopes it a unbeaten summer have taken a hit. Fantastic batting by Sri Lanka in the 5th T20 match.

5 Likes

Are you referring to the Ashes and the T20 series in Australia? Because if so it would be 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss this summer.

5 Likes

Happy Richie Benaud Day, on this Choosday Chwenty Choo of the Choo Chwenty Choo (22/2/22).

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’m waiting to see which qualifiers end up coming down to Geelong, I’m probably going to go to a match or two

1 Like

The 2022 Women’s Cricket Cup began today with an upset win to West Indies over host nation New Zealand by just three runs. Both team’s openers (WI’s Hayley Matthews and NZ’s Sophie Devine) scored centuries and both teams lost late wickets. It was Windies bowler Deandra Dottin who was the difference in the end. She bowled the 50th over of NZ run chase, took 2/2 and caused a runout.

2 Likes

Fox are reporting that Shane Warne has passed away.

I’m in shock really, hard to believe this has actually happened.

3 Likes

I cannot believe it at all. International cricket sites are reporting this too.

5 Likes

Also reported on Sky News UK. 2022 sure has been brutal and we only in March :confused:

3 Likes

This was so sad, it was literally like the moment I found out Steve Irwin died. :cry: :sob:

2 Likes

I am shocked.

1 Like

I can’t believe it, it’s shocking. First Rod Marsh and now Shane Warne.

3 Likes

wow… I cant believe it. Dean Jones as well fairly recently. Very sad. A couple of my sporting heros just gone like that.

4 Likes

Terrible news. Just terrible especially for Australian cricket, losing two legends in less than a day. RIP Warnie.

3 Likes

Terrible news. Really terrible.

3 Likes

I tuned into ABC NewsRadio when I woke up this morning and the first thing I heard was Jim Maxwell talking about the life and career of Shane Warne. I felt something was not right. Then I listened to 3AW news at 9am and heard that Warne had died from a heart attack while holidaying in Thailand.
(I went to bed very late at 1.30am so the news of Warne’s death must have come soon after that)
Really terrible news. Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, two absolute legends of Australian cricket, dead within the same day.

4 Likes

Victorian sports minister Martin Pakula has announced the Great Southern Stand at the MCG will be renamed the S.K. Warne Stand as soon as possible.

6 Likes

A brilliant tribute to an icon of the game

3 Likes