Shane Warne Dead at 52 - Coverage Discussion

News broke around 1am eastern.

A couple of breaking news segments from BBC and Sky Sport News.

Your own personal tributes can go in the Cricket thread.

5 Likes

Today Show update before the program started

7 Likes

Olivia Leeming is reporting from Bangkok on Weekend Sunrise this morning.

Melbourne sport presenter Tony Jones is reporting from the MCG on Weekend Today this morning.

5 Likes

As for radio, 3AW Mornings host Neil Mitchell will join Weekend Breakfast host Darren James on the air from 8.00am to 9.00am, to speak to cricketers about Shane Warne’s life. This will air in place of national program Life and Technology in that hour, so coverage of Shane Warne’s life might be heard across the whole east coast on 2GB and 4BC.

3 Likes

ABC Radio’s Grandstand will have comprehensive coverage of Shane Warne’s death from 12.05pm AEDT. It has already allocated the first 90 minutes or so of today’s show to pay tribute to Rod Marsh.

2 Likes

Sunrise. Large segments of the show including the first 20 minutes were devoted to the story. It took prominence over all other stories of the day.

Included some clips form OS news

4 Likes

Seven with access to Sky News UK

1 Like

Today picked a good day to extend their coverage.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Tribute program on Nine tonight?

1 Like

Well you’d think so. I’d say they’ll be cutting something together as we speak.

I wonder if anyone will do a deal with Amazon to show ‘Shane’.

2 Likes

Surely there will be an announcement made soon.

1 Like

Special one hour edition of A Current Affair hosted by Deb Knight celebrating the life of Shane Warne tonight.

3 Likes

How many Fox Sports channels will Warnie pop up on? 2 so far.

2 Likes

Seven broke into programming for this media conference.

4 Likes

Why was the Shane Warne special shown on Fox League? The channel don’t have any live matches today (there will be a NRLW tripleheader tomorrow), but still…

Very off topic, but wow. Is this a ten ripoff or what?

8 Likes

One of the better headlines

5 Likes

I don’t know but they are replaying the live special on it now and have wiped the EPG until 1am tomorrow.

2 Likes

Dan Ginnane says they’ve turned it into a Warney channel for the day

1 Like