Classic TV Listings

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Classification

Today’s TV: 25 NOvember 2005, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Channel 9 broadcasted a Test Cricket Match between the Australia and the West Indies from Adelaide Oval. James Brayshaw didn’t commentate Australia-West Indies match. I believe that Ian Healy and Mark Taylor were in Adelaide during the third Test.
Over on WIN, they showed new episodes of The Price is Right. This came when Channel 9 ceased production of TPIR, although they showed repeats of episodes over the 2005-06 summer period.

3 Likes

As far as I remember, James Brayshaw wasn’t involved with Nine’s cricket coverage until the 2010s

4 Likes

Sydney TV: Saturday 26 November 1988
from Sydney Morning Herald

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 NOvember 2011, Perth

2 Likes

26 November 1998

New episodes of Dr Quinn at 9:30am on Nine? Too bad for NBN and WIN viewers.

Jerry Springer’s FTA premiere on Ten.

7 Likes

Interesting to capture this primetime FTA premiere of Springer, this was also a time where you could see several episodes a day on Foxtel, Late ‘98 was probably peak Springer mania at the time.

1 Like

Also interesting Capital prioritised MASH repeats over Neighbours, swapping their order compared to Ten’s broadcast, so Neighbours aired 90 minutes earlier on Capital at this time. Meanwhile, NRTV aired MASH at 7pm, swapping Seinfeld onto that 6pm slot.

Also forgot about Prime running Today Tonight the next morning to fit in their local news at 6pm.

2 Likes

Didn’t know Pokemon started airing here in '98, PokeMania wouldn’t hit until '99 so I guess it hadn’t blown up yet.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 27.11.1981, Sydney

Source: Woman’s Day / TV Day

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 27 November 2011

I noticed that Channel 10 have revived its sport game show, It’s a Knockout during the summer ratings. This show was being sponsored by McDonalds throughout the summer run.

3 Likes

I wonder if Seven’s special Everything You Always Wanted To Know About The Law was a local production or if it was replaying the HSV7 special from three years earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

This was non-ratings time so it might have been some easy filler for a Friday night?

EDIT: It is the same program, but airing in 1981 as a repeat

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 28 Nov 2005, Perth

4 Likes

Today’s TV:

28.11.1974, Sydney

28.11.1974, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

Melbourne TV: Sunday 28 November 1999
from The Age

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 November 2011, Perth

I noticed that CHannel 10 have split up their news in two sections - News at Five and News at Six. TEN News at Six was up against Seven and Nine News in its same timeslot. IIRC, TEN News at Six (Perth) have languished in 3rd place in its 6pm timeslot during the summer ratings

3 Likes

It actually beat Nine News Perth a number of times, though wasn’t consistently ahead.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 November 2004, Perth

Channel 9 Perth showed pre-school program, Here’s Humphrey at 7:30AM, while WIN showed that pre-school program straight after the Test Cricket between Australia and New Zealand.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 29.11.1974, Tasmania

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

A show called “Alfie” appears a lot on the old mid 1970s TV Guides but I haven’t been successful in locating any info about it. What was it?

1 Like