Classic TV Listings

With West Digital launching a few weeks prior, did WDT and WIN simulcast MasterChef?

2 Likes

13 Likes

I also remember they would air a repeat of the previous night’s Sports Tonight in the 6:00am or 6:30am time slot. Don’t remember when it was discontinued, though.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 June 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Seven HD and TEN HD show some breakaway programs during 2008 period, while Nine HD was a simulcast of Nine Perth. I believe that other markets like Sydney, Melb, Brisbane had breakaway channels under the Nine Entertainment Co, while STW9 and NWS9 were under WIN.

3 Likes

No doubt they would have. It was business as usual for WIN for quite a while after WDT’s launch as it was only rolled out to 4 low populated markets for the first year or so.

3 Likes

STW as far as I’m aware did all the breakaway content on 9HD that the O&O stations did. It’s why you got this watermark: General TV History - #4711 by Zampakid

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 26.6.1968, Brisbane and SE Queensland

Source: TV Week

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 27.6.1972, Melbourne

27.6.1982, Melbourne

This was the first issue to have the SBS listing incorporated into the main listing rather than being run on a single, separate page at the back of the listing pages.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 27 June 2008, Perth

Source: The West Australian.

This was the final episode for Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune. That show got the axe after 5 weeks due to very low ratings. John Burgess and the late Adriana Xenides criticized this show. The problem is that this show was a distant third behind Deal or No Deal and Ten News at Five. Following the sudden axing of this game show, Nine would return to Antiques Roadshow. In the past 5 years, Nine tried The Price is Right, then Bert’s Family Feud and Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune. Sadly, the audience numbers were soft.
But on the other hand, NIne Perth showed a Rugby League match at 4AM the following day. The problem is that the NRL match was 11 hours old. in WIN Territory, they didn’t have Big Brother, which simply backfired and hurt their network. Only Channel 10 Perth had Bib Brother (which was in its final year).

3 Likes

How so?

5 Likes

2 Likes

You’ve been warned about making these claims without evidence to back them.
Going forward any classic TV listings posts you make with these claims will be rejected.

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 June 2007, Perth

8 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 June 2012, Perth

I noticed that over on GEM, they showed a Live NRL match between the Brisbane Broncos and the Cronulla Sharks on GEM. Unfortunately, GEM Perth had to cut off the post-match talk and head straight to the ODI cricket match between England and Australia (when live play continued).

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 30.06.1979 Sydney
from the Sun-Herald

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 30 June 2006, Perth, WA

I noticed that Channel Nine showed a World Cup update (given the fact that SBS holds the rights to the 2006 FIFA World Cup). As well, Channel Nine Perth (and southern states) telecasted the AFL at 8:30PM, followed by Wimbledon and a NRL match between the Manly Sea-Eagles and the Newcastle Knights during the following early morning.

4 Likes

The Chaser used to air at 10:15pm on Friday nights before moving to 9.30pm Wednesdays in 2007 and 2009

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 30 June 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian.

4 Likes

Strange Ten had Sports Tonight AFTER BB Up-Late at 12:30am, and no late news either.

Edit: Although looking at subsequent guides, it appears Up-Late was scheduled as a 10:30 program that year which explains how the schedule ended up the way it did.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 2 July 2008, Perth

I noticed that Channel 10 showed friends at 6, while on the nine guide they showed it at 3:30am the following day. :thinking:

3 Likes