CBS News

60 Minutes (US) will be doing an interview with Pies ruckman Mason Cox on Sunday (Monday morning AEST). As a Pies fan, I am interested

2 Likes

Why?

A preview of the story is on CBS’ website:

Looks interesting, hope I can watch it somehow too!

2 Likes

The Mason Cox interview should be available on 60 Minutes’ YouTube channel sometime next week.

The videos are not geoblocked which is good.

4 Likes

You can still see “Evening” in the reflection

1 Like

yeah it’s a clip from the Evening News, they just replay them overnight and rebadge it.

1 Like

Excerpts from the Mason Cox 60 Minutes interview was shown on 10 News First Melbourne this evening. In the original US version, the reporter also spoke to Pies coach Craig McRae.

3 Likes

This gives me strong The Project vibes…

10 Likes

WJZ down, only KOVR left in the past. They’re going with their Boston sister visually, but not verbally:

2 Likes

CBS Sunday Morning has a new open, where the sun face symbol was made clearer, the title is now in TT Norms and is officially named CBS News Sunday Morning:

The Here Comes the Sun segment, adopting the official CBS News streaming lower thirds:

3 Likes

Not a fan of that rejigged intro.

I’ve always been so confused by Sunday Morning. Such an outdated looking program.
But I guess CBS knows what their viewers like :man_shrugging:t6:

3 Likes

and a very high ratings program at that.

5 Likes

Exactly, it wouldn’t have survived so long if it didn’t.
I think there were rumblings years ago that when Osgood retired they’d have used it as an excuse to extend The Early Show or CTM to Sundays, but never did.

1 Like

It does look very outdated. I remember they did a bit of a new set a while back but then reverted to the bland colour pallet again

1 Like

The whole thing looks like a dust storm in New Orleans on a Sunday morning.

Seems to be more of the fact that it’s been there since the 80s and people have watched it since then and followed through more than anything. It’s certainly very antiquated, for a lack of a better term.

1 Like

They apparently revamped the set around 2008/2009…

And then reverted back to beige…

Interestingly it seems Sunday (channel 9) took inspiration from it in the 90s

6 Likes

Nines Sunday’s concept was originally based from the CBS program in the 1980s. Shame it’s gone.

4 Likes

2017?

4 Likes

At this point, that’s part of its appeal.

3 Likes