CBS News

Nice to see the Air New Zealand 747 with blue livery in the file footage though

2 Likes

I really like their 2019-onwards theme tune, but the flourish is used a bit too much on the new open and it drowns out what the anchor/reporter is saying.

2 Likes

god that’s a fall from grace compared to what they had when they relaunched back in August

6 Likes

This is so annoying the new open and intro I liked but I do not like this variation the font is way too large, the theme repeats too much it was nice with the build-up to the open but now it’s overused and the open is really too fast if I was to see that every night I would get whiplash. Also, why do they hate to show the studio now just having a static shot on both the headlines and after the intro is quite boring

Also here are some caps from the Overnight News

3 Likes

Beautiful

That HEADLINES font is very ew. Looks so out of place against the Corporate typeface. :confounded:

Why has CBS News deviated from the unified branding approach they’ve been doing really well lately across the Network as a whole for almost three years? Even the affiliates look consistent now. :confused:

Also, that is the old CBS Overnight News logo. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I think that’s the Extra Black variant of TT Norms Pro, albeit with a thinner E:

On Thursday CBS Mornings went back to its former home due to technical difficulties in Times Square, I actually quite like how it looks tbh here are some caps from the TOTHs i caught

13 Likes

Who uses this space now? I actually quite prefer it.

1 Like

They use it for CBS News streaming and the morning news AFAIK

1 Like

I take it the “CBS NEWS” on the front of the desk is a lightbox not a screen?

Did it affect CBS News streaming broadcasts since that’s where they usually come from?

1 Like

They probably came from elsewhere in the country? Unless they simulcast Mornings?

1 Like

Mornings came from the newsroom.

2 Likes

Screen Recording of CBS News Morning coming from the newsroom.

2 Likes

CBS News Mornings was in the newsroom but then after CBS News Live came from Studio 57 again later that day

2 Likes

Now on the overnight news they have used the end of the titles as a wipe overlayed over the eye segment used on the headlines from the evening news previously

CBS Overnight News

1 Like

Video unavailable…

Should work now hopefully

1 Like

It seems like on Saturday the Weekend news used the old theme to close with for some reason

2 Likes