Brands, Products and Promotions

First we had:
image ![image|245x205]

And,
then we had:
image image

Now we have:

1 Like

I tried one of the Gold Choc Whirl Kit Kats last week.
Was hard to miss at my local Woolworths.
They were in specials bins everywhere.

I didnā€™t think it tasted much different to a regular Kit Kat really.

ā€¦

I do like the sound of those Smiths Crisps Sticky BBQ Ribs flavour.
The Southern Fried chicken onesā€¦? ā€¦ Not so much!
Will keep an eye out for them at the supermarket today.

Coca Cola Energy. Absolutely VILE. It tastes like orange with a chemical punch. I expected it to taste like Coke but with more caffeine. I drank two sips and threw my four pack out.

Did they not learn their lesson from the original Mother?

2 Likes

The way Iā€™ve described the taste to a few people is like this: a glass of a tropical drink with ice blocks, but all of the ice blocks in it melted :stuck_out_tongue:

CCA has a real tough time understanding energy drinks, theyā€™ve had such a long history of not getting it right.

Thereā€™s also the fact CCA distribute Monster, why would they try so hard to produce their own variants when they distribute one of the bigger brands here?

I suppose theyā€™d keep more of the profits, but balance that against how much theyā€™d have spent on marketing for it.

Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t used Lift to be their brand for it - that seemed like the direction they were going in with the ā€˜Hard Hittingā€™ rebrand of Lift, the cans look like theyā€™d suit being an energy drink - and Lemon would work a lot better with the energy drink flavours than Coke would. NZ used to have a Lift branded energy drink, never had it though.

They tried Lift Plus years and years before Mother (early 2000s) and it went nowhere (back in the day when V and Red Bull were really the only ones that got any distribution).

Lift Plus used to be really popular in NZ.

2 Likes

Seemed strange to go for a similar image to Solo. I preferred the brief period where they all but ditched the Lift name and sold it under the Fanta brand.

There was even a report on ABC News this evening.

People need to grow up

5 Likes

ā€œChildren may see the ad and ask their parents about periodsā€

This is a bad thing becauseā€¦?

2 Likes

Lego has launched a new campaign titled Rebuild the World.

I saw the TV ad on the weekend and a series of posters along the escalators at Melbourne Central train station today.

Caramilk is back in stores from next week, and Cadbury will have some on eBay later this week to raise money for charity.

Marble is also rumoured to be making a comebackā€¦

1 Like

About time Marble came back.

Saw Caramilk in Woolies today. Half price too!

4 Likes

Isnā€™t there supposed to be a pineapple Cadbury limited edition bar coming out? I havenā€™t seen them on shelves yet.

Got mine!

Still tastes just like how I remembered it.

2 Likes

Yeah, the pineapple lumps one. I think itā€™s exclusive to IGA and independents but havenā€™t seen it yet.

Thereā€™s the existing tropical pineapple too, which is a full block of the pineapple flavour from Snack.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen that but itā€™s not available in all supermarkets.