Brands, Products and Promotions

I think it’s at Coles, IGA, and Big W

1 Like

Coles have definitely stocked it in the past, however I haven’t seen it for a while now. Did notice today they had the Fruit and Nut Coconut Rough blocks on clearance for $1.50 or thereabouts.

I saw that at Coles yesterday as well. Must have been a flop. It was a variety I wasn’t remotely interested in trying. The straight Coconut Rough was OK.

The Peanut Brittle I liked and have bought a few times but it only comes in the small size.

That’s odd - only saw it for the first time and grabbed the small bar of it yesterday, I liked it. Though with how many varieties Cadbury are throwing out of late, no one should get attached to any of them.

1 Like

New dessert flavours in the Blue Ribbon ice cream range.

Blue-Ribbon

1 Like

I’ve been eating lamingtons with ice cream for years, and it is DELICIOUS.

I’m surprised it’s taken this long for someone to come up with this idea for a flavour commercially.

1 Like

I’ve had it at Gelato Messina.

Love the description “gelato annihilated with housemade lamingtons”. :joy:

1 Like

I’d love to know what they were smoking at Kellogg’s head office when they came up with the idea of the Nutri Grain trail mix (it’s essentially nuts and Nutri Grain…together at last!).

It is an absolutely vile concoction which simply does not work. It’s probably why it’s 50% off at Cole’s this week. It’s like they’ve gotten Nutri Grain, some peanuts and dumped some BBQ nut mix seasoning on top. The sweet Nutri Grain pieces and the tangy BBQ flavour…no. just no.

Homemade ‘nuts and bolts’ have been around for years. I remember family members making it. Surprising it’s taken then so long to make a commercial product.

3 Likes

I want to know why we don’t have Chex Mix or a version of it here. It’s so good.

Well, it’s the first I’ve heard of it…and I’m not backing down on my statement on how it just doesn’t work (well, on me at least).

World No.1 tennis player Ashleigh Barty, who won the Don Award at Sport Australia Hall of Fame last week, has been honoured with a limited edition of Vegemite called Bartymite.

They are available in Australia if you are craving some.

1 Like

That is where I’ve bought them before

1 Like

Remember QuickTap, a Coke-backed payment method for vending machines?

No? That’s why they’re closing it down.

https://www.quicktap.com.au/

I remember Coke promoting the hell out of this during my early years at uni. It (and whatever this Vendswift thing replacing it is) was always doomed to fail with bank contactless payment cards making this a non-starter. Even when it launched in 2014, it was rare to have merchants not having machines capable of reading Paywave cards.

2 Likes

If they gave you an incentive for using the system (one every 10 free, or 10% off all purchases) maybe it would have done better.

1 Like

All I remember about Coke vending machines is just how confusing their slot for payment is - I’m never fully sure if it’s for inserting chip cards, cash, etc.

Whatever tech they do use, it seems to be very unreliable.

2 Likes

When I contacted CCA about a vending machine that took my money without giving me a drink, they sent me a QuickTap card with the refund money on it. Never bothered activating it.

We all got a free $5 card when they introduced them at work. Most people used the $5 but never bothered to top up or buy any more drinks again.