Australian Survivor

But according to ident shown tonight, Survivor will continue next Tuesday. Another change of plans, or promotion department not taking the note?

Daisy is too in it for herself, at her detriment. You can really see how Janine succeeds in business cant you.

4 Likes

Daisy is clueless! She might as well have not played the Idol at all. This is a terrible season gameplay wise. The contenders are useless.

Also there have been a ridiculous amount of Idols this season and always by the same people. Please no more. It’s becoming so repetitive. Or spice it up with a different advantage like an extra vote or vote steal.

But let’s guess from the promo… Harry finds an Idol do takes aim at Janine. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Is Daisy the worst player ever on Australian Survivor given she’s burnt two idols?

3 Likes

Yeah, no Exile Beach or anything spicy this season has made it a bit flat in terms of gameplay. The champions have had it a bit too easy.

I don’t think you need gimmicks like Exile if it’s a strong cast. There are just way too many weak players and the contenders have barely been existent gameplay wise since the tribe swap.

Ten are actually doing a good job of maintaining interest in what has been a very flat season. I love this show and will defend it to the death but you have to admit that the entire contender tribe has been a big fat waste of space (except maybe for Harry). They had zero plans last night until daisy revealed her idol

1 Like

For some reason though the Australian audience don’t mind this sort of game play. It has been rating the best out of any other season.

With the game play its obvious the producers are planting idols to help the contenders. Daisy was just so dumb playing it for herself. She is so self obsessed. John hinted it was going to be him. With that all said I am glad John went home. He was a boring contestant and didn’t deserve to win nor get saved.

2 Likes

I think if Janine is sitting at the end most the jury wont vote for her being up against anyone of them left (maybe Harry) cause of her wealth already and ruthless game playing.

What was interesting was if Daisy had kept the idol hidden and used it because most of them would have been voting for her then Abbey would have gone home. It’s just been blind luck this season, no strategy at all. I will be very surprised if big moves are revealed at the end that weren’t just coincidences.

1 Like

I don’t know if thats the case. Watching the jury villa they don’t want a ‘goat’ to win. She has played I think they would reward her if she deserved the win. I don’t think she will make it to the final 2 anyway. I don’t think people would want to come up against her.

I think the majority of Australian viewers aren’t as strong on the gameplay factor as us bigger Survivor fans,. The more casual viewers would care a lot about personalities, backstories, likeability, characters etc. I also think that Luke seems to be very popular going by the facebook page. I see so many comments about Luke. He isn’t that great for me but they seem to have made the right casting choice to bring him back as viewers like him.

1 Like

Yeah I have wondered if the series can evolve and become more strategic as the series develops to the Australian audience. The US version hasn’t always been strategic or even valued the strategic players like they do now. I guess it isn’t the worst way of developing the series.

1 Like

So one of them will go is what they are saying?

Dirty Harry v The Godmother turned into a non-event once Janine won individual immunity, after doing a deal with Simon.
Really surprised by the Exile Beach twist so late into the competition, ensuring this season will extend by two episodes. And with no episode next Sunday (according to Ten Network schedules thread), that could mean the show will finish on AFL Grand Final week.

2 Likes

There are always 2 non-elimination episodes so they had to do something and this week was the last opportunity.

Maybe the producers threw this in so last minute because they could see Janine was controlling the game till the end and they wanted to even the playing field a little?

All the votes from last night posted

1 Like

now it will get interesting, with the game opening up, janines face was priceless. very proud of abbey for making that move.

from the promo it looks like janine is going to be a sour puss because abbey didnt follow her instructions. stark contrast to when luke was blindsided with the david voted. a harry/luke/baden/abbey alliance will be good to watch.

1 Like