Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

As much as I would love to see a schedule with all Australian content and no repeats its just no viable. Look 7 have reported a 444 million loss this is with them still being the number 1 network and having the AFL and Cricket rights. What has caused this? Possibly having too many areas to concentrate on? 7 have how many channels now? 5? Perhaps they should only have the three get rid of the rights to their movies and food content and focus on those. As for 10 they are going to do the same thing. They have a content deal with a US broadcaster they need to play out this content as its already paid for. Unfortunately they are a business and can’t afford endless amounts of content. Perhaps if it were back in the day when they had 2 channels they could have afforded such luxuries, who knows.

exactly.

AFL plus cricket plus olympics is what is killing seven. And rightfully so!! Fancy spending all that money on rights only to lose money. That’s what greed and selfishness gets you.

The cricket is the worst of all as they don’t have any steaming rights for that.

1 Like

Another year and more comments claiming calamity about a nine figure accounting loss from a network. Guys, it is a paper loss on a reduction of carrying value from the ‘new normal’ in tightened advertising spend. It doesn’t mean Seven physically lost $450m in dollar coins in the year.

Now back to Ten’s network schedule…

1 Like

Nine’s tennis deal is pretty bloody good (although so was “7Tennis”), every match every point (choose whatever feed you want on the 9Now app), even for the pre tournaments (which I don’t believe 7Tennis did)

Week commencing 1 September 2019

Sunday 1 September
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm Australian Survivor The individual game gets desperate with several Survivors sneaking around camp searching for the idol that will save their game. Secrets aren’t staying safe leading into a high-drama Tribal Council!
09:00 pm Instinct S2 E06
10:00 pm Instinct Rpt

Monday 2 September
07:30 pm Australian Survivor Storms roll over camp and dampen all moods. As we inch closer towards the pointy end of things, old alliances are starting to crack as everyone starts to fight hard for their place in the game.
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Contestants Ed Kavalee, Abby Coleman, Marty Sheargold, Anne Edmonds & Sam Pang
09:30 pm 2018 Montreal Comedy Festival Just for Laughs Superstars #3 Rpt

Tuesday 3 September
07:30 pm Ambulance Australia Rpt
08:45 pm NCIS x 2 Rpt
10:35 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 4 September
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia
09:00 pm My Life is Murder S1 E08
10:00 pm Bull S3 E20
11:00 pm Sports Tonight

Thursday 5 September
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia
08:40 pm Gogglebox Australia
09:40 pm Law & Order: SVU x 2 Rpt
11:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 6 September
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
09:30 pm 2018 Montreal Comedy Festival Just for Laughs Superstars #3 Rpt

Saturday 7 September
06:30 pm One Strange Rock S1 E03
07:30 pm Saturday Night Rove
08:30 pm 999: What’s Your Emergency? S5 E02
09:30 pm Ambulance Rpt
10:45 pm TBA
11:45 pm Elementary Rpt

With Pilot Week starting September 8, why doesn’t 10 wait until that week to reduce the number of Survivor episodes and start The Masked Singer?

Instinct, Bull and all those repeats of NCIS and SVU have got to go. Appalling schedule. They need to get more creative for those slots.

It is at 10pm. Showing content that is new or Australian would just be a stupid move.

Personally I have more of an issue with that Ambulance rpt on Tuesdays. What happened to their One Born Every Minute? Could have advertised that and aired that now.

It’s not.

Bull hasn’t been on for weeks.

Instinct “encores” have been in the slot.

Sports tonight at 10pm would be better.

What’s not?

In an ideal world yes. But reality is it didn’t rate. Bull will rate the same and be a lot cheaper.

Edit: Just saw Sports Tonight is at 11pm. Yeah I see your argument.

You said it is at 10pm.

It’s not.

I’m not sure what’s happening with the above schedule but Bull hasn’t been on in weeks.

They’re already producing sports tonight for a later slot. So the cost argument is moot.

Yes it is!

Edited. Before you commented:

It must be coming back then.

Yeah well my comment was based around that schedule TV Cynic posted…

It’s just 10 being 10 as usual.

Why remove it for a few weeks then bring it back?

So dumb.

1 Like

Rove live doesn’t seem to have done well lol
I guess Saturday night is just not for watching 10
Seriously