Australian Survivor

Promo for tomorrow

Great facial expressions after the blindside at tribal tonight.

1 Like

I guess they don’t want Daisy back cause Simon is sure to beat her in any physical challenge. But what will that mean if/when he comes back? Abby plays both sides still or they go after the other champions? I have a feeling Harry could make it to the end now but surely Baden wont win?

I think the abbey move was dumb. She would have been better making that move in the next vote which would have sent them to tribal. It was a bit of a cop out making that move at that time.

2 Likes

Given at this point of the challenge, the survivors were supposed to be hanging by one arm, this is a strange image for 10 Publicity to send out with today’s daily wrap.

It was noticeable during the show, but it seemed that Luke may have signalled to Pia his intention to drop and she grabbed hold at the last minute.

From the broadcast, just before the above image.

1 Like

To me it doesn’t look like she is holding on.

Endemol Shine released a statement tonight regarding Pia’s win.

Why did they not show who simon voted for?

Didnt matter? Could have given away who Janine is gunning for next?

So? I like to know.

I think that’s the reason it was perfect timing. Harry was right when he said that alliance was a ticking time bomb. And if abbey didn’t flip then if would have been a complete free for all to use Harry or Baden at the next council, and Janine would definitely outplay abbey sending her to the bottom of the alliance. As it stands abbey is looking in good shape to make top 4, and has a big move to tell the jury about if she makes top 2.

Tonight was the dullest tribal all season, Simon not even trying to play the game, and not giving the editors anything to work with. There was an opportunity to deflect some votes to pia & Janine by telling abbey that they were gunning for her, or at least create some hidden idol paranoia. If he had such little regard for the game he should have let daisy win that challenge.

1 Like

Yeah Abbey’s vote is pretty much the only one that counts now on either side.

More false advertising last week with that ‘Dirty Harry vs the godmother showdown’. All of this weeks episodes have come and gone. Where was it?
In the end it we saw Janine turn to Harry and try to work with him.

I think it was the undercurrent through this week’s episodes. Harry was the titular leader of the contenders up against Janine who was the godmother of the champions. Harry took the argument to Abby about her future in the game that eventually saw her switch alliances and the contenders come out on top. The position of the two in the tribe seems to have reversed.

An article in news corp reveals the reason that Simon was madly digging looking under trees for an idol is that he found an old idol clue that Luke had planted as misdirection, but that wasn’t shown in the final edit.
He also found out at the villa about his Hall of Fame induction that had to be postponed because of his Survivor appearance.

Will there be another contestants reunion this year? It will have to be filmed pretty soon.

Simon voted for Abbey.

1 Like

Thanks Johnson. Still found it strange how they didn’t show that vote.

Updated synopses for next week

Monday 7:30pm-8:30pm
The Survivors dive into some of the heaviest game play of the season. Loyalties fly out the window and old alliances are broken as each Survivor tries desperately to keep their place in the tribe.

Tuesday 7:30pm-8:30pm
No one is safe at this point in the game, leaving all contestants desperate to get their hands on the Immunity necklace to buy themselves another day in camp.

Jonathan LaPaglia wrote a long Instagram post this morning, explaining what exactly happened during last night’s challenge between Daisy and Simon, in particular the countdown when each of them had lifted the 10th and final disc into place.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1-MzB8gRVO/

I see a lot of people upset at my counting in this challenge but the anger seems misdirected. I can assure you I am a staunch defender of the integrity of the game and do everything I can to make sure it is fair on the floor. However once it’s shot, it’s out of my hands. This challenge did not play out as depicted in the edit. Originally the goal was to stack 12 discs. But after almost 2 hours of failed attempts (Simon was close, you can see his stack of 12 falling in the 3rd pic*) a decision was made to reset and do a sudden death playoff; whoever had the most discs stacked in 10 minutes wins. Simon undoubtedly won the playoff, no question. Now I guess a decision was made in post production to edit out the playoff and create a more exciting ‘horse race’ (even though in reality Simon and Daisy were not neck and neck at that point). In doing so they grabbed a countdown from somewhere else for Daisy. That’s why they don’t sound the same. That being said, Simon won fair and square. And sometimes things are rearranged in the edit to make it more exciting for the viewer. That doesn’t mean it’s rigged. In this case it means the editing wasn’t as sharp as it could have been.

*here is Simon’s 12 discs falling
com-webp-to-jpg

After Jonathan posted a shorter but similar explanation on Twitter, Daisy responded:
https://twitter.com/DaisyRichards24/status/1168867998397911041

Australian Survivor has two episodes next week, on Monday and Tuesday, plus another two the following week.

It concludes with a 90 minute finale on Tuesday September 17.

10 is yet to confirm if it will feature a studio audience in Sydney as it has done for previous seasons.

10 has confirmed to TV Tonight that the finale was all filmed in Fiji, so that rules out a reunion.