ABC Local Radio

I actually find the 612 digital stream close to accurate. Its only about 4-5 seconds behind. As encoding technology progresses I’m sure this will drop further

Oh ok I didn’t realise I thought they were nation wide. Both 936 ABC Hobart and ABC Northern Tas have always used them, even during sports broadcasts.

ABC newsradio have been giving results for the Qld Reds Vs NSW Warrathahs match that apprently happened last night - the only problem is that the Reds played the auckland blues.

unforunitly i’m hering more and more of these basic errors crop up more and more on newsradio

Two more changes to ABC’s AFL commentary team in Queensland. Corbin Middlemas has moved from Perth to Brisbane to replace Alister Nicholson who relocated to Melbourne. Freelance journalist Jess Webster (who covers NEAFL matches) will be the new boundary reporter.

In Sydney, David Lithgow replaces Kelli Underwood as AFL commentator with Kelli back in Melbourne.

Thankfully the time pips are back on ABC North Tas (and I assume Hobart). They returned halfway through last week. It sounded weird without them.

Interesting 702 am not taking the first hour of the nrl. Seems like regional ABC is broadcasting it. Digital radio also has it.

Hilarious story on ABC Radio this morning

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2016/04/i-paws-for-guide-dog.html?site=brisbane&program=612_breakfast

Looks like Chris Bath is starting at 702 on Monday https://www.instagram.com/p/BDzbindA_DD/
Anyone know what program she is doing?

This morning’s 7am news on 774 ABC Melbourne went over the allocated 10 minutes and was abruptly cut off just as a report on Samantha Stosur went to air (I found out later on NewsRadio that she won her first round match at a tennis tournament in Charleston) and before the weather forecast. I think this is the first time it has ever happened.

Dom Knight presents his final 702 Evenings show tonight. Perhaps she’ll be taking that slot from Monday.

News.com.au:

CHRIS Bath has a new gig.
The 48-year-old will fill in for Sydney ABC drive radio host Richard Glover for three weeks starting next Monday.

As posted in ABC News thread, there was a blackout in ABC Perth studios tonight. While there was no 7pm news on TV, radio programs continued as normal.

1 Like

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:52, topic:500”]
While there was no 7pm news on TV,
[/quote]Was there alternative fill in programming? Or did the screen just to blank?

It showed a live bulletin from ABC News 24 in Sydney with additional WA content.

ABC appoints Jocelin Abbey as Head of Radio and Regional Marketing

The ABC has appointed Jocelin Abbey to lead its Radio and Regional Marketing team. Ms Abbey joins the ABC as the new Head of Radio and Regional Marketing.

In this role Jocelin has oversight of marketing activities for the complete suite of ABC Radio properties, including 45 ABC Local Radio stations, triple j, double j, RN, Classic FM and the ABC Radio app, plus numerous digital only stations.

In addition to this, Jocelin will oversee the marketing plan for the Regional Division, working across the priority TV and news content being produced in our regions. Jocelin is well positioned to do this, bringing a wealth of relevant industry experience across radio and digital, as a former Nova and Yahoo7 marketing executive.

From the Federal Election 2016 Media Coverage thread;

AM will be broadcast from Tasmania Thursday (George Town) and Friday (Burnie). Heard Michael Brissensen talking to our breakfast host this morning on ABC North Tas.

1 Like

From the Matches, Hatches, Dispatches thread:

1 Like

ABC Local Radio will have split coverage on federal election day, July 2. NRL and AFL coverage will continue in capital city stations but listeners in regional areas will get election count on their local stations. If they want to listen to ABC’s call they will have to go to the AFL website or ABC Sport website for NRL broadcasts. In the 2013 election, all Local Radio stations had election count on the night with sports coverage on digital radio.

A perth radio legend gone far to soon.R.I.P

2 Likes