ABC Local Radio

I only heard bits of Lisa Leong hosting during lunchtime, but from what I heard she was pretty good.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2022 Federal Election - Media Coverage

Some illness again at ABC Radio Brisbane. Drive presenter Steve Austin has tested positive for COVID-19. So reporter/presenter Rachel Meley is filling in.

Also Evenings presenter Kelly Higgins-Devine is away. Last night Ashwin Segkar filled in, with tonight to be covered by Meecham Phillpott (Mackay).

3 Likes

More illness in Brisbane, this morning Breakfast co-host Loretta Ryan reported that Craig Zonca has also now tested positive for COVID-19. She anchored/will anchor the show solo for a few days.

2 Likes

Virginia Trioli will host her ABC Melbourne Mornings program live from Malvern Central shopping centre tomorrow (Friday), in the federal seat of Higgins.

3 Likes

Has ABC announced who’s hosting its election night coverage yet?

1 Like

last election all they did was take the TV audio

1 Like

Actually back in 2019, Election night was anchored by Raf Epstein, Fran Kelly and Sandy Aloisi. Rafael Epstein, Sandy Aloisi and Fran Kelly - ABC News

1 Like

Raf Epstein said it is him and Sabra Lane from 6pm AEST with Virginia Tiroli as the Sunday Recap at 10am for Victoria Regions just 10minute ago on ABC Melbourne

1 Like

ok - it might have been the last qld state election where they took the TV audio than. i remember it pissed me off because of the “as this graph shows” comments

2 Likes

Quentin Hull was on ABC Brisbane this morning and revealed he has COVID. He will be still calling a couple of games but ‘reinforcements’ have been sent up from Sydney for the Magic round of the NRL.

5 Likes

Sounds like Quentin won’t be calling any games this weekend at all, based on a tweet to his Melbourne colleague Tamara Oudyn (7pm news presenter who is isolating at home after two of her kids tested positive to COVID):

A fan’s response:

2 Likes

Brett Sprigg is one of those being sent to call some games.

Andrew Moore, Luke Lewis, Ralph Tucker and John Gibbs have also gone to Brisbane for the weekend.

3 Likes

Berwick is located in the federal seat of La Trobe, a marginal Liberal seat.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Virginia hosted Sunday morning election special.

3 Likes

At the end of Tuesday evening’s program, Brisbane and Queensland Evenings presenter Kelly Higgins-Devine announced she would be taking time off the program, as she prepares to have heart surgery. She anticipates to return to work in a few months time.

In the meantime, Evenings presenting duties she said over the next couple of months will be shared by Joel Spreadborough and Ashwin Segkar.

2 Likes

ABC’s metropolitan stations’ websites had a refresh this week. This is the homepage for ABC Melbourne.

4 Likes

Virginia Trioli will be broadcasting Mornings on location tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Not mentioned by James Valentine tested positive to covid mid-last week, was a close contact and under ABC rules had to do a show from his home earlier in the week. James O’Loughlin filled in for him and probably will again this week.

I don’t think James O’Loughlin has done this much radio since he did Evenings. He seems to be the go-to fill in for Mornings.

1 Like