ABC Local Radio

It showed a live bulletin from ABC News 24 in Sydney with additional WA content.

ABC appoints Jocelin Abbey as Head of Radio and Regional Marketing

The ABC has appointed Jocelin Abbey to lead its Radio and Regional Marketing team. Ms Abbey joins the ABC as the new Head of Radio and Regional Marketing.

In this role Jocelin has oversight of marketing activities for the complete suite of ABC Radio properties, including 45 ABC Local Radio stations, triple j, double j, RN, Classic FM and the ABC Radio app, plus numerous digital only stations.

In addition to this, Jocelin will oversee the marketing plan for the Regional Division, working across the priority TV and news content being produced in our regions. Jocelin is well positioned to do this, bringing a wealth of relevant industry experience across radio and digital, as a former Nova and Yahoo7 marketing executive.

From the Federal Election 2016 Media Coverage thread;

AM will be broadcast from Tasmania Thursday (George Town) and Friday (Burnie). Heard Michael Brissensen talking to our breakfast host this morning on ABC North Tas.

1 Like

From the Matches, Hatches, Dispatches thread:

1 Like

ABC Local Radio will have split coverage on federal election day, July 2. NRL and AFL coverage will continue in capital city stations but listeners in regional areas will get election count on their local stations. If they want to listen to ABC’s call they will have to go to the AFL website or ABC Sport website for NRL broadcasts. In the 2013 election, all Local Radio stations had election count on the night with sports coverage on digital radio.

A perth radio legend gone far to soon.R.I.P

2 Likes

Former 3AW police reporter Yvette Gray has joined ABC Radio in Melbourne. She quit 3AW in September last year to join Surf Life Saving Victoria. I was surprised to hear her voice on the airwaves today.

Lindy Burns has now gone on secondment from ABC 774 Melbourne for the next 3 months. She will be working with regional broadcasters across the country. Wendy Tuohy will be filling in on Evenings.

Gerard Whateley confirmed on air this afternoon that the ABC will be the official Australian non-commercial radio broadcaster of the Rio Olympics.

1 Like

well who else was it going to be? :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. Can’t see SBS or the CBAA doing the Olympics.

ABC still has to negotiate with Seven for the radio broadcast deal otherwise we will have been left with only Southern Cross Austereo calling all the action on the airwaves.

Former AFL player Peter Bell has been named as the new breakfast presenter on ABC 720 Perth, replacing Eoin Cameron who passed away a month ago. James Lush will continue his fill-in role until Bell joins later in the year. According to The West Australian, Bell hosted 6PR’s afternoon program and provided special comments for the station’s AFL coverage until he resigned today.
Surprise choice.

Tony Delroy has just announced that he is leaving the ABC in the coming weeks after hosting Nightlife since its inception 26 years ago.

1 Like

I remember Delroy on 2GB Macquarie News before he moved to 2BL. I haven’t listened to Nightlife for some time but I used to enjoy it when I did.

1 Like

Delroy’s last Nightlife program will be on Friday, September 2.
I have heard bits of Nightlife after the AFL broadcast. I quite like the Not the Nightly News and Tomorrow’s Headlines segments (when he speaks to editors of the major dailies in each state and territory).

1 Like

Awww no, what am I going to listen to on graveyard shifts now :frowning:

1 Like

Adelaide-based sports reporter James Coventry is in Rio reporting on the Olympic Games. As the ABC is the official non-commercial radio broadcaster James can go inside the venues and interview athletes and officials.

I usually listen to ‘Nightlife’ every night before I go to sleep so I don’t hear the whole programme