A Current Affair

Mmmm Martin De Stasio reporting there

2 Likes

I really don’t know why the reasonably well respected Andrew Mercardo still agrees to be ACA’s “go-to guy” whenever they need a TV critic.

Surely he knows that just about all television-related reports on this show are typically an excuse to promote Nine programs and/or bash down the opposition?!

2 Likes

because a paycheque is a paycheque?

5 Likes

Wonder if ACA will cover the Eddie McGuire controversy tonight as well?

1 Like

Today is covering it this AM

4 Likes

They should present ACA from here.

15 Likes

Or allow the couch to be moved and have a dedicated desk for ACA. The show would look great from there.

8 Likes

Yep, looks good. Regional news can move to the current ACA desk.

1 Like

Regional and ACA already share that same set.

2 Likes

I’m actually not sure they do (anymore). I’ve seen some recent posts on Natassia’s Instagram which look like they’re in the previous studio. Perhaps the ACA studio was a temporary studio for regional while the regional studio was transported from Willoughby.

1 Like

There does appear to be another studio in use in North Sydney in addition to the ACA studio, interesting.

Also interesting are these monitors in the background of her latest post, which look to me like the ACA backdrop up on the screens in the Today soft set area…

11 Likes

Here’s hoping!

1 Like

2 Likes

That looks like a different logo variant. Not the flat one, but not the regular glossy version either.

Possible relaunch tonight with the other set?

2 Likes

Yeah the promo transitions are new as well. I’d put money on a relaunch today tbh.

1 Like

Haven’t heard anything about a relaunch for A Current Affair, but I suppose it wouldn’t be overly surprising if one happened tonight.

I mean it is the first show in a fortnight, three years since the last graphics package launched and of course, leading into the 2021 MAFS premiere (which ACA will no doubt have a ridiculous story about…)!

3 Likes

If there is a relaunch tonight, I wonder if the NZ format of the show would also take the new graphics?

When The Project Australia relaunched with its current graphics and music package, it took the NZ version months to upgrade.

1 Like

Looks more like a gradient version, it’s better.

Possible the other set was just temporary until today and news were bedded in well and then ACA was due to move.

Guess we will see!

3 Likes

We never do hear about it, it just happens lol
Is there a newsletter I’m not on? :joy:

2 Likes

I agree it looks great… Tracey prefers the desk though

2 Likes