A Current Affair

Haven’t heard anything about a relaunch for A Current Affair, but I suppose it wouldn’t be overly surprising if one happened tonight.

I mean it is the first show in a fortnight, three years since the last graphics package launched and of course, leading into the 2021 MAFS premiere (which ACA will no doubt have a ridiculous story about…)!

3 Likes

If there is a relaunch tonight, I wonder if the NZ format of the show would also take the new graphics?

When The Project Australia relaunched with its current graphics and music package, it took the NZ version months to upgrade.

1 Like

Looks more like a gradient version, it’s better.

Possible the other set was just temporary until today and news were bedded in well and then ACA was due to move.

Guess we will see!

3 Likes

We never do hear about it, it just happens lol
Is there a newsletter I’m not on? :joy:

2 Likes

I agree it looks great… Tracey prefers the desk though

2 Likes

Lovely watermark.

I must admit, I’ve never heard of this ‘legend’.

2 Likes

You must live in QLD/NSW then.

1 Like

ACT, but NSW before that.

1 Like

New set tonight, as seen on A Current Affair’s latest Instagram post.

26 Likes

New graphics too then it seems.
Not sure about the design of that desk (will wait till I see it on air), but this certainly gives ACA its best set since 2012!

4 Likes

Looks like the Today show’s soft set?

2 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like

Goes without saying really…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLlLN5YJ4PW/?igshid=49rhallnzz80

2 Likes

Much better!

2 Likes

I wonder what purpose the initial ACA studio (studio D, I believe?) will have now? Sure regional News uses it sometimes, but they only use one angle, as does the Early News. While it’s by no means a great studio, the three screen setup seems like a bit of a waste now.

5 Likes

It’s a very cheap set… Regional and Early News will continue using it as per normal.

2 Likes

I give it a month before the length of the Opening Titles is cut in half.

1 Like

A Current Affair: 22/02/2021 - INTRO

New graphics, set and overall presentation.

26 Likes

In other news, has Seb had Botox lol?

Big improvement…:+1:

11 Likes