A Current Affair

Welcome to Nine A Current Affair

2 Likes

The TV segment was reasonably impartial.

Restaraunt Revolution was apparently the only flop of 2015. No mention of Gallipoli :unamused:

If ACA were to really be impartial in that report, The Verdict would’ve been mentioned as a flop (IMO, it’s Nine’s biggest news/current affairs blunder since This Afternoon!) as well. Although I’m sure it wasn’t!

Admittedly I’m yet to see the report, but IIRC the promos said that there would be previews of some of the programs to come in 2016. All from Channel Nine, I presume? :wink:

Definitely more impartial than some of the past shockers.
but there was a lot of exaggeration in how much of a hit The Hot Plate was. Andrew Mercado seemed pretty uninformed, saying House Rules was axed, and called both 800 words and Love child the #1 drama of the year.
not mentioning Gallipoli was a major omission.

There is no way House Rules has been axed, yet. They still have that second season from last year to air.

Forgot about The Verdict. No mention of it either lol

And yeah, I doubt Seven has axed House Rules. Not sure where he got that from.

Judging by the promo endtags, Leila McKinnon will be presenting ACA tonight and probably for the next couple of weeks until Tracy Grimshaw returns from holidays.

In recent years Cam has hosted in December then Leila takes over in the new year.

Yeah, I’m well aware of that. But it was the other way round for a few years wasn’t it?

It will be interesting to see if they continue with Leila. She was having all sorts of problems last night speaking after having braces fitted.

It’s ridiculous that they would even consider her doing it when she obviously had problems.

A Current Affair’s Leila McKinnon in the hot seat with an unfamiliar off-putting lisp
The Daily Telegraph

I just read another article about Leila’s issues with her speech because of her braces which she still has to wear for another 12 months.
She said she spoke to her boss and she would be fine about them replacing her,they said she would stay hosting unless the ratings drop,if they do she would be replaced.
Tracy will probably be back from holidays fairly soon anyway.

Why do it? It’s not like she needs the money.

Leila McKinnon explains why she suddenly has a ‘sexy’ lisp
The Sydney Morning Herald

As far as I can tell, ACA’s ratings have been going OK with Leila and her lisp due to those braces.

In any case, Tracy Grimshaw will probably be back on ACA for 2016 after next week anyway so it’s not a big deal IMO.

Leila is not a very good presenter anyway IMO. They probably allowed her to present to generate a bit of publicity for the show.

Leila McKinnon celebrated 20 years at Nine last night on A Current Affair.

3 Likes

Is A Current Affair Number 1. in Adelaide and Perth even though they have local editions of Today Tonight? I was looking through the Vault and on the ACA promos, the tag ‘No.1’ was featured in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Perth.

Today Tonight easily outrated ACA in Adelaide and Perth last year.

1 Like

The first night it was off putting as viewers had no idea what was wrong. But now that’s she’s come out and revealed the cause people will move on. She’s in good company as far as lisps go. It hasn’t impacted on Ita Buttrose and Peter Overton’s careers and Alison Ariotti managed to snag the weekend newsreader job in Brisbane.

[quote=“Mischievous1, post:19, topic:94, full:true”]
The first night it was off putting as viewers had no idea what was wrong. But now that’s she’s come out and revealed the cause people will move on. She’s in good company as far as lisps go. It hasn’t impacted on Ita Buttrose and Peter Overton’s careers and Alison Ariotti managed to snag the weekend newsreader job in Brisbane.
[/quote] I actually found it more annoying after I discovered and heard she had a lisp because of braces. Alison Ariotti gets away with it because of her teeth distract you and her co-anchor’s deer-in-the-headlights really put you off listening to her lisp.

2 Likes